Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Pre-season 23-24

Second half was really poor. 

Sokler, it's too early to judge obviously, but not impressed on that showing. Or Dadia too. Ryan Duncan didn't look comfortable at LWB and who is this imposter who has replaced Connor Barron?

At least when we had close to our strongest XI out we looked relatively okay, although I'd expect Livingston to be a step up on Charlton.

I’ll give or dadia and Sokler time, more curious of polvara, Morris, and Mackenzie. Can they be contributors to our squad or back ups when we are desperate? Mackenzie has to step up now, it’s time and we need a left back/wing back (although signing scales solves that), plus both Morris and polvara play positions we don’t have real squad depth. Would really help the team and squad if all 3 come good, but that’s probably unrealistic. Certainly a little concerned too that we appear very reliant on a 35 yr old Hayes on the left side. Definitely need a left midfielder/winger.

4 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

So paid my sick squid and joined the Charlton stream at half time...

Best summarised as:

Stewart on

Charlton goal

Charlton goal

Oddly, I paid by PayPal and they only charged me £1.

3 minutes ago, redordead said:

I thought baron looked back to the player that broke through today. Dadia certainly didn't hit the ground running but I think we have a fairly decent squad with options in most places now.

Thought he gave the ball away far too often, was ponderous in possession and got caught out.

6 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

I’ll give or dadia and Sokler time, more curious of polvara, Morris, and Mackenzie.

Polvara I thought was okay. He actually looked like the player we expected Stewart to be. Not a bruising defender by any stretch, but got it clear, passed it out well, made some decent blocks.

Morris - he's quick, and Charlton gave him loads of room to work in. But he didn't do anything I wouldn't expect anyone else given that space to do. Defensively was really poor. We've got rid of Matty Kennedy who was average, but a better player than Morris.

Mackenzie - he needs a good CB next to him, in much the same way Scales improved when he had McDonald and Pollock there. Maybe with Rubezic and McDonald then Mackenzie can just concentrate on his own game. But today him, Stewart and Devlin at times were swapping positions and it was hard to work out who was playing where and who was was meant to be picking who up.

Yikes, Charlton aren’t a good side and looked like we gave them far too much space. Fully expect dadia to take a bit of time if I’m honest. Not sure why but I’d imagine it’s a fair culture shock, whether he realises it yet or not. 

there’s been a lot of positivity about polvara since he’s come back (and even before he did), hopefully he and the club have managed to turn his fortunes around. 

On 29/07/2023 at 15:07, redordead said:

I thought baron looked back to the player that broke through today. Dadia certainly didn't hit the ground running but I think we have a fairly decent squad with options in most places now.

I liked the look of him too. Looked strong and competitive without being especially amazing.