Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Pre-season 23-24

5 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Robson's post match interview well worth a watch with regards to Morris.  When his contribution came up there was a glint in his eye when he talked about him and he wasn't shy of praise. "Since we came in we've put a yard on him already" and "he's electric when he gets going" 

I'm calling it, he will be the break out player of our team this season.  I'm saying this not for how he played today  but because he's clearly impressed Robson and Robson isn't easy to impress. 

Robson was giving Morris game time towards the end of last season. Suspect he has always seen something in Morris. I still have no idea what though. 

25 minutes ago, Jute said:

Robson was giving Morris game time towards the end of last season. Suspect he has always seen something in Morris. I still have no idea what though. 

A contract until 31st May 2026 😉

Seriously maybe, just maybe there is something there or was he just at his true level last night.

Same with Polvara.

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

A contract until 31st May 2026 😉

Seriously maybe, just maybe there is something there or was he just at his true level last night.

Same with Polvara.

Meant to ask did you get full refund on your Preston tickets or did they try to charge you an admin fee?

First half last night was a decent contest, second was rather farcical after Turra tired.

Made me think how difficult it must be to get defenders and keepers properly ready for the new season as we play only two testing games before Livi. Last night and against the Broch the defenders basically just walk about and we could probably manage without a goalie. Must be hard to get up to speed for the likes of Williams, Roos and co.

No sign of Anthony Stewart anywhere last night.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Meant to ask did you get full refund on your Preston tickets or did they try to charge you an admin fee?

Full refund and it was surprisingly easy and quick as genuinely thought it would be a battle.

What about you ?

29 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Fuck that sounds like a threat 😂

I really want him to be a success. Seems a really decent bloke. Was just never captain material - the more you think about it the more it becomes such a bizarre decision by Goodwin.

Get him in against the Broch.

Have to say, from what I could see, Ngenwya (sp) impressed, likewise morris. Was a decent finish. Sokler (oddly autocorrect says dollar) had some good finishes regardless of opposition. Interested to see how we fare against stronger opposition. 

That’s my train officially cancelled for 22nd. Refund has been processed. Avanti are apparently confirming which trains are running at some point today but have said there will be some trains between Glasgow and Preston. 

2 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

is the stream worth 8 quid?

Highly debateable.

For first six or seven minutes the camera man must have been having a serious shite as the camera never moved at all.

Regarding the game, hope to fuck next weekend's game is a bit better than this one has been so far 

A win is a win I guess.

At no time did it look like we could repeat Wednesday's scoring exploits.

Liked the look of Marshall, Polvara strolled it during his 45 minutes, Morris has pace to burn just needs to learn some more football basics, Bavidge gets a goal which won't do his confidence any harm and a defence that had Stewart & Richardson as part of it kept a clean sheet.

Worrying that Williams didn't appear as a half time sub. Fucking hope he's not injured as well as MacDonald.

Credit to The Broch who kept going to the end and never looked like getting a serious doing,

Apart from that, not much to add but hoping for a tad more excitement a week today at Preston.

IMG_9727.thumb.png.d5fe8ab7eb79d9e2bf809f8a43b80d81.png

Defence not looking too clever without MacDonald or Williams.

Interesting (perhaps not that big a surprise though) that Milne preferred over Stewart.

Morris definitely being given a chance to impress. Sokler picked over Miovski. No Duk in squad.