Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Jim Goodwin

22 minutes ago, Panda said:

He should have been sacked after Dundee United 4-0 in all honesty. Was obvious that day he couldn't cut it.

I didn't think the utd game was a managerial issue. He made a couple of mistakes but the players were way off it that day. It was a bit like that time McInnes took a tanking off St Johnstone. It could have been a blip*. The first massive concern for me came in that Hibs game, where he watched as we were completely taken apart for 45 minutes, hoping we could make it until halftime. That was a performance that you could really lay solely at the door of the manager. The fact that he then repeated the error at Ibrox was staggering. 

*Obviously it wasn't, but he could have learned from it and moved on with success if he wasn't such a poor tactician.

Edited by RicoS321

How's everyone feeling today?

I woke up during the night and remembered I had been in the stadium to witness that complete humiliation and stayed to the end wtf!! 

Feel really uncertain as to what happens next, Gunn needs to go and Cormack needs to appoint someone who actually knows how the fuck to run a football club. 

A few really tough games coming up so really important to get the players into the right frame of mind for that. 

Only 2 weeks ago we were still in both cups and 3rd in the league that is unbelievable 😳 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Goldie03 said:

How's everyone feeling today?

I woke up during the night and remembered I had been in the stadium to witness that complete humiliation and stayed to the end wtf!! 

Feel really uncertain as to what happens next, Gunn needs to go and Cormack needs to appoint someone who actually knows how the fuck to run a football club. 

A few really tough games coming up so really important to get the players into the right frame of mind for that. 

Only 2 weeks ago we were still in both cups and 3rd in the league that is unbelievable 😳 

It's been one of the mast rapid fall from graces I've ever seen 2bh. We got soooooo bad so quickly.  During the world cup I thought we just needed another defender and a rb to be in good shape squad wise. The capitulation to the huns was where the wheels started falling off to my eye.  Even just drawing that game could have made such a huge difference to where we are now. 

As for how i am feeling?  Worried to be honest.  We have landed ourselves in a right pickle and I'm really dreading the rest of the season.  A European place seems a hell of an ask right now as well. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

But I give so many fucks about them 

Oh I gave up letting Aberdeen football club ruin my day a long time ago. It's not like I don't care but at the end of the day it's just football.  We have three utterly humiliating results in a row but, literally, no-one has died as a result. 

Stay strong MBT and if you ever need an ear drop me a private message anytime. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Got sacked by us and now gets United relegated. Quite a resume building season. Never wanted him as manager but seems a nice bloke who came across well in the media. Would like to see him given a chance to make things right at United but coming straight back up is a really tough ask.

• Like 2