Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Andy Murray

K-9

The weather over here (I'm in Brooklyn) is fantastic today, blue sky as far as the eye can see. I think it will go ahead.

As an aside, I was at Arthur Ashe Stadium last week for Djokovic and Celic and couldn't believe the size of the place - over 23 000 people and, as far as I could see, pretty much every seat had a fantastic view! I think the Americans do events like these very well, from the singing of the anthem to the upbeat music between games.

I wonder how it would compare to Wimbledon - I've never been.

The weather over here (I'm in Brooklyn) is fantastic today, blue sky as far as the eye can see. I think it will go ahead.

As an aside, I was at Arthur Ashe Stadium last week for Djokovic and Celic and couldn't believe the size of the place - over 23 000 people and, as far as I could see, pretty much every seat had a fantastic view! I think the Americans do events like these very well, from the singing of the anthem to the upbeat music between games.

I wonder how it would compare to Wimbledon - I've never been.

You think the way Americans do thins like sing their anthem well? Hate all their patriotic shit especially the "USA" chant that gets sung every 20 mins at any and every opportunity.     

I've never really taken much notice of the tennis - not really my kinda sport. I watch it now and then, and enjoy the odd game of Virtua Tennis. But I thought I'd do a bit of research into Andy Murray ... actually, I just wanted to see where he was from in Scotland.

Never realised Murray was a kid from Dunblane Primary. According to Wikipedia, he kid under a desk during the massacre 12 years ago, and attended a number of after-school groups where Thomas Hamilton was the group leader.

Must be a horrific thing to harbour in your memory for life!

I've never really taken much notice of the tennis - not really my kinda sport. I watch it now and then, and enjoy the odd game of Virtua Tennis. But I thought I'd do a bit of research into Andy Murray ... actually, I just wanted to see where he was from in Scotland.

Never realised Murray was a kid from Dunblane Primary. According to Wikipedia, he kid under a desk during the massacre 12 years ago, and attended a number of after-school groups where Thomas Hamilton was the group leader.

He very rarely talks about it.  He's mentioned it in his book apparently, but apart from that he normally refuses to discuss it.

Not surprised! Not exactly something any normal, sane human being would want to boast about.

I was in a car crash about two years ago and killed a wee 5 year old girl who'd stepped out onto the road. Although for the first 48 hours the memory was so vivid in my mind, little over a week later I couldn't remember a thing about the accident. Something in my brain wanted to block it out and, to be honest, I don't really want to remember it ... hence why this is the first time I've spoken about it to anyone in the past 18 months.

I can't imagine seeing my school pals being shot dead infront of me by my scout master. It's difficult enough to forget that sort of thing when you're a grown adult. But to have it happen to you when you're a primary school child, and know it will stay with you for the rest of your life is something I certainly do not envy.

A girl I went to school with, couple years younger.....she was shot in the foot at Dunblane, obviously survived, but she walked with a limp.

She would get it!

Last summer I was at a boozy BBQ just after Wimbledon and were talking about Murray. My friends boss was there and being English has a dislike for him as he said he wanted England to lose at the football in the past. He waited until it was just me and another random guy there before really letting rip and his argument ended in "I wish Thomas Hamilton had shot that cunt". At that point anger descended over me and I just had to leave the party as I was going to smack him.