Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

20/21 Loan Player Watch

Thought Al had done one for this season, but turns out it was for the last.

First up, Ethan Ross.  seems to be getting rave reviews at Raith.  Fingers crossed he's given the chance to make the step up into the first team. Like the other two we have out on loan, his contract ends in May 2021 though.

Bruce Anderson doesn't exactly seem to be ripping it up @ Ayr United

As far as I can see nine appearances, two goals and I think I might be right in saying that they both came in the same game (possibly even his first appearance).

Michael Ruth, I've got to confess I have even less idea how he is getting on at Arbroath. I actually think that Ruth possibly has another year on his contract beyond this one as sure that he signed a year's extension at some point.

Miko Virtanen also on loan at Arbroath. Seemed very highly thought of when there last season but not really heard much about how he is getting on this season.

Kind of getting to the make or break stage for these lads

I thought Anderson looked reasonably accomplished on TV the other night, but he's playing alongside Moffat who is slower than a dead cat. Anderson was making some nice runs and trying to play off a guy who was basically static (he's a hero at Ayr though, as he's a good finisher). It's a pity he couldn't have got a better suited team. Even Raith would have been a better setup for him. Ross' crossing for Raith was fairly pap on the telly too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hell of a goal like. Was always the best of the Ross's at the club. Just need to get that final bit of his development right (the hardest part) and he'll be another great player. Doubt we'll see him this season, but definitely one for next. Raith probably quite a good fit for him too. Not convinced with Ayr for Anderson, I think he might have done better at a team like Raith. You wonder if we have any real plan when sending players out on loan, if we check the style of play and the squad that a player will be joining or if we just take what's on offer. 

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Hell of a goal like. Was always the best of the Ross's at the club. Just need to get that final bit of his development right (the hardest part) and he'll be another great player. Doubt we'll see him this season, but definitely one for next. Raith probably quite a good fit for him too. Not convinced with Ayr for Anderson, I think he might have done better at a team like Raith. You wonder if we have any real plan when sending players out on loan, if we check the style of play and the squad that a player will be joining or if we just take what's on offer. 

I get the impression there is with Arbroath as it allows players to still train full time with club. 

Not sure there is a plan for style of play however. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BigAl said:

Anderson not even on the bench for Ayr today.

Rumoured to getting sent back. Not fitting their system.

ETA McInnes apparently confirmed on Red TV that Anderson is returning. Also that he is looking to bring in help up front.

• 4 weeks later...