Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

It's possible but being sacked by Dundee for being shite doesn't usually lead to a job at Hearts.

Firstly lol at hertz.

Secondly I would agree with this but stranger things have happened,  Hartley was a fantastic player for Hearts and the fans love him and there is a recognition that he was up the swanny without Stewart and Hemmings.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him interviewed put it that way....

Firstly lol at hertz.

Secondly I would agree with this but stranger things have happened,  Hartley was a fantastic player for Hearts and the fans love him and there is a recognition that he was up the swanny without Stewart and Hemmings.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him interviewed put it that way....

Very much this.  Just when you fear that things might be moving on at Tynie, this happens to restore my faith in everything  ;D

I'm just gutted, wanted Cathro there for a while, guaranteed a few points.  Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Hartley was given it.

Ah the wonders of the Construction industry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40820663

Hearts will not play any league matches at Tynecastle until November due to delays in the main stand construction.

The club say that wet weather and waiting for seating to arrive from the Far East forced the "contingency plan" of playing at Murrayfield.

Hearts will face Aberdeen in September and St Johnstone and Rangers in October at the national rugby stadium.

"Unfortunately, there are some things we cannot control," said chief executive Ann Budge.

"Despite the mammoth effort that has gone into the construction project up until now, we are not going to make our targeted open for business date of 9th September 2017 [against Aberdeen]."

Hearts had negotiated with the SPFL that their opening four fixtures against Celtic, Motherwell, Rangers and Kilmarnock would be played away from home.

The St Johnstone game will be on October 21, with the Rangers game scheduled to be seven days later. A third fixture, against Patrick Thistle on September 23 has been switched to Firhill.

"While this is disappointing, the cooperation of the management and staff at the SRU means we can accommodate all, indeed even more, of our supporters in fine style at the national rugby stadium," Budge added.

Hearts have played six European ties at Murrayfield going back to 2004, and they also hosted a friendly match against Barcelona back in the summer of 2007 watched by over 57,000 fans.

"Scottish Rugby is looking forward to welcoming Hearts to Murrayfield for three matches in the next couple of months," said Scottish Rugby's Chief Operating Officer Dominic McKay.

"As Scotland's biggest sporting stadium, Murrayfield has a history of hosting football matches having welcomed Hearts, Barcelona and Celtic in the past. We look forward to working closely with Hearts in the coming weeks."

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else suspect their short-list of no-hopers  (and psycho Davies) was deliberately engineered and floated for 3-4 weeks so the announcement of Avril would look like a not-so-bad option?  If Levein had been announced right after Cathro went they'd have been rioting and burning their season tickets.  Now they're thinking at least it's not Hartley or Pressley or the guy that got gubbed by Motherwell on Saturday.

Possibly, but I suspect it's more to do with the fact that their skint. They're a few months behind on the building works, and it'll be hitting them hard. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to have a below-par season whilst all their investment is going into developing the ground. I'd expect them to recover next season, but I think they'll just have to limp through this one. Levein is actually the right person to grind out results with a brutal style of football.

• 1 month later...

I see yon Jambos have drawn up a 'plan B' just incase the new stand isn't ready for November 5th.

I'm starting to wonder if they are using the same project management team & contractors as were used to build the tram network.

They have 13 games left in 2017 of which 10 are meant to be at home. Murrayfield is booked for 2 of them and they may have the option of using it for the November 5th but after that they may have to go crawling to Hibs, Livingston & Edinburgh City.

I'm starting to wonder if they are using the same project management team & contractors as were used to build the tram network.

I shall look forward to them shutting down the transport infrastructure of central Edinburgh for years before eventually installing a single seat in an already existing stand and leaving the rest to rust in a depot in Costorphine.