Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

Hopefully rugby will die. A “sport” invented by a posh kid who couldn’t play fitba, a “sport” which developed into the maximum for physical contact, designed to satiate the confusions arising in pubescent boys stuck in an all male environment, “looked after” by “masters” and paedophiles. The formation of the scrum was the giveaway. Who other than a disturbed individual could come up with that?

Hopefully rugby will die. A “sport” invented by a posh kid who couldn’t play fitba, a “sport” which developed into the maximum for physical contact, designed to satiate the confusions arising in pubescent boys stuck in an all male environment, “looked after” by “masters” and paedophiles. The formation of the scrum was the giveaway. Who other than a disturbed individual could come up with that?

Celtic.

I'm no rugby fan. But at the same time I've got nothing against it. I think cricket and netball are shite. But as a fan of other sports how can you not appreciate that other people may enjoy the tactical and physical element of rugby? Or the.. ball going in the net in netball? As a gentleman who must be in his mid 50s are you nae a bit old for hoping for anything you don't like to "die" when it has absolutely no effect on your day to day life?

Loved rugby at school, played for the school team at stand off if the football team weren't playing that day. The bit about paedophiles is just laughable and borderline libellous. In a world of snowflakery where elf n safety takes precedence over everything and football has become virtually a non contact sport, rugby is perhaps the one sport that is actually (at professional level) the one sport that has evolved into being even more physical than it was 20-30 years back.

As a gentleman who must be in his mid 50s are you nae a bit old for hoping for anything you don't like to "die" when it has absolutely no effect on your day to day life?

Christ min don't take it literally and don't take me seriously. I don't.

Loved rugby at school, played for the school team at stand off if the football team weren't playing that day.

I loved playing rugby at school too and was a stand off too. Did it in first and second year (as well as football) but when we had a choice when I was 13, I chose football instead of it.  What I didn't love was the manner in which we were given no choice about it though when we were about 14/15. Some dickhead teacher who had been a sub at Murrayfield or something - maybe he played for Scotland once, Iain/Ian Spence - came to our school and banned fitba, the first thing he did! Neale Cooper was at my school and the year below me but unlike the rest of us (who played football together outside school), I don't think he played rugby every Saturday morning whilst the rest of us did. Got some stories from the old rugby matches :)

The bit about paedophiles is just laughable and borderline libellous.

No, not libellous because it wasn't directed at anyone. You can't libel a "sport".

I thought you might have seen and understood the nuance. It was a rant against the public school system (that gave us egg-chasing) and spawned the old perverts who run the country, Ted Heath and Nigel Lawson and Cyril Smith all having been outed recently.

It's also a rant against the beardy weirdo cunts who are enthused by the game, their fucking antics at uni, the way they conducted themselves in the Kirkgate Bar, their preposterously pretentious sing-alongs, sticking their dicks into each others pints and finding that hilarious and the "atmosphere" they generate, all thinking that they're Erchie. It's tribalism for the posh and the farmers and something that cunts who were shit at football can do so as the boy says, it doesn't affect my life and they can crack on. But they're mostly wankers, as indeed he said about golf clubs and tennis being snooty, another generalism that hits the spot actually.

In a world of snowflakery where elf n safety takes precedence over everything and football has become virtually a non contact sport, rugby is perhaps the one sport that is actually (at professional level) the one sport that has evolved into being even more physical than it was 20-30 years back.

Yes it has become more physical and as a consequence we're seeing more stuff on the news about paralysed people etc. There was probably always unfortunate neck breaks and all that and yes, it could be the elf and safety culture thats putting more of the wheelchair rugby victims in the spotlight.

This is an interesting debate. Malcom Gladwell highlighted the head injuries and dementia etc. arising from American Football and even here, in fitba, there was some recent stuff about headers being damaging for your health. For me, you know what you're signing up for when playing any sport. A squash ball could make you go blind in one eye. You can die going for a jog - although most joggers dying might make the world a less boring place may be an argument there - so there will always be risks in anything. I'm all for letting people know the risks and sharing the data. I just don't like rugby and the people who celebrate it. Sir Clive Woodward? Billy Beaumont? Every other guffy rugger bugger? The Hastings brothers? Just wankers, the lot of them.

• 1 year later...

Aye JK is a fucking hoot tonight, everyone demanding Levein essentially sacks himself. Did any of you see their new Japanese loan signing? Fuck me, he looks about 14. Celtic Boys Club coaches will be queuing up......

However at least they c@nts don't hide after a shitty result. Went for a gloat on Hivs.net and as per usual they've fired it onto lockdown.

• 2 weeks later...

Word has it there is a protest before their game  ;D

There was certainly protests after the game wanting Levein and the Board sacked. I don't think the HIVs are any better either, they are getting very vitriolic towards Heckinbottom by all accounts, next weeks Edinburgh derby could be interesting.

There was certainly protests after the game wanting Levein and the Board sacked. I don't think the HIVs are any better either, they are getting very vitriolic towards Heckinbottom by all accounts, next weeks Edinburgh derby could be interesting.

Already being branded the P45 derby.

It's admittedly funny, as is the similar situation across the city at Hibs. But right now our form is barely any better. The fans in Edinburgh want the managers of both teams replaced. Law of averages says that if they do, they must hit upon a competent manager(s) sooner or later and in those circumstances could easily overhaul us unless we sort our shit out.

What may scupper that is (especially in the Hibs situation)….they have managers on biggish money and on longish contracts, similar to the situation with McInnes. We won't be firing him any time soon because of that unless we find ourselves in relegation trouble in late Feb/early March of any season he's contracted for. I suspect that Hearts will follow that philosophy. Hibs might not even be able to act at all if it were to happen to them

• 1 year later...

18months since the last post on this thread (Thought it was in the 'football' section. Perhaps it should be)
Following on from their little trip to Brora they lost at home to Queen of the South and fans had a little protest outside the stadium.

Capture.JPG

Edited by tom_widdows

A serious question needs to be asked on this thread

Given the farce of taking everyone to court last year how the fuck did this thread go eighteen months without a single person on here posting ?

There seriously was just so much potential material

9 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

I reckon it being in the 'AFC' board might have had an impact.
I was looking for it during the week and eventually had to do a proper 'search' to release it from its storage spot next to the Ark of the Covenant

Every Known Item In Raiders Of The Lost Ark's Warehouse

Don't suppose you happened to see a box in there labelled "next goal"?

Jesus, talk about biting the hand that saved you.  Budge doesn't deserve that however pish they have been. 

Great to see this thread back as it always make me smile.  And keep it here for that matter, it's one of the quirks of the site and it has been for long enough to garner respect. 

• Haha 1