Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

THE OFFICIAL: "LET'S ALL LAUGH AT HEARTS"

I would laugh at the hibs result, but it screams so loudly of Aberdeen vs Sigma Olomuc. I ain't throwing any stones in our glass house quite yet. We've got a lot of promise for this season ... but am nervous about getting too excited!

Usually I'm with you, but I've decided that I'd throw a couple anyway :) I know it will most probably come back to haunt me, but hey ho.

Mav, surely that couldn't be possible?!?!

Usually I'm with you, but I've decided that I'd throw a couple anyway :) I know it will most probably come back to haunt me, but hey ho.

Mav, surely that couldn't be possible?!?!

I dunno, Hibs are supremely shit. If Ozzie is fit for even half the season then Thistle will have enough to do better than hibs. The whole world wants hearts to go down though. Imagine that next year- no huns OR diet huns. Just a shame the tims and diet tims would still be there!

Four "historic" football medals have been stolen from the stadium of Heart of Midlothian.

They were taken, along with a gold pocket watch, after a display case at the club's Tynecastle ground was forced open on Wednesday. The alarm was raised by a glass cleaner.

The haul included two 19th Century league championship winners' medals.

Police have issued a description of a man who was seen acting suspiciously at the stadium in Edinburgh.

Insp David Hynd said: "These medals have significant historic value, not just to Heart of Midlothian FC but to the city of Edinburgh.

"We are keen for anyone with any information to come forward and contact Police Scotland."

The stolen medals were:

An 1896/97 Scottish Football League Championship Winners' medal, won by James Mirk

An 1894/95 Scottish Football League Championship Winners' medal, won by George Scott

A Victory Cup Final runners-up medal from 1919, awarded to Bob Mercer

A Victory medal awarded posthumously to Harry Wattie, who was killed in action during the Battle of the Somme in 1916.

Well, at least they didn't nick the Tennents Sixes trophy!

• 1 month later...
A car park used by Hearts on match days is to be sold by the council.

The move leaves the cash-strapped club without enough space for its players, disabled supporters, officials and VIP guests. City chiefs said they had found a prospective buyer for the former Tynecastle High School on McLeod Street, which has been used by the club for more than 30 years, providing space for up to 250 cars.

With the car park outside the club’s ticket office taken up by emergency services on match day, they have been left with no provision.

The school site which is costing the council £80,000 a year to maintain, is currently under offer from a prospective buyer.

The crisis-hit club had faced a problem tonight after they were told to hand over the keys to the site just 24 hours ahead of the Scottish League Cup match against Queen of the South – while Dundee United are due at Tynecastle on Saturday for a league game.

Hearts bosses had quickly set about putting contingency plans in place which would have seen players being asked to use a car pool to get to games, while directors were told to leave the car at home if possible.

BDO are still awaiting an announcement from Lithuania on who will be administrators for Ukio Bankas Investment Group (UBIG), who hold 50 per cent of shares in Hearts.

A court date has been announced for September 27, although it could then take a further three weeks for a final decision to be made by a judge.

Foundation of Hearts are preferred bidders for the club but must wait for an administrator to be appointed at UBIG before they can acquire the 50 per cent shareholding.

I am enjoying hearing the complaints from the club officials.

'ooh this is short notice, how can you do this to us?'

2 months ago they were told the site was being put up for sale and yet they didnt do anything

Bit like being told your landlord is planning to sell the flat you rent then getting arsey with the new owners when they turn up and tell you to fuck off

• 2 weeks later...

Not the newest of news but

Newly-revealed banking documents show Romanov appeared to move £12m from one of his accounts into his Lithuanian-based Ukio Bankas bank at the time his empire in Edinburgh was collapsing. They show the money was used to stoke up capital in Ukio Bankas, the club’s main creditor.

The Bank of Lithuania documents show Romanov paid himself the money.

Questions have been raised over the moving of assets connected to Hearts and the club’s stadium across Mr Romanov’s businesses.

The sum under scrutiny is identical to that over which Romanov was facing potential embezzlement charges but it is unclear if the loan is the focus of the alleged fraud.

Vilma Mazone, from the General Prosecutor’s Office, said: “Romanov has been recognised as a suspect and is suspected of having squandered high-value property belonging to Ukio Bankas.”

• 2 weeks later...
THE administrators of Hearts have said that the club is ready to begin exiting administration after a major creditor gave the go-ahead.

The Tynecastle Club has been unable to escape administration while a question mark hung over the future of 50 per cent stakeholder UBIG, which itself is declared bankrupt.

But administrators BDO announced yesterday that Lithuania-based Ukio Bankas has given permission to start the process of negotiating a Company Voluntary Agreement with the club’s creditors, which will allow the fan’s rescue bid to proceed.

Bryan Jackson, BDO business restructuring partner, explained: “This is positive news as it means that we can progress the CVA process immediately by initiating meetings of the [/size]creditors and shareholders. We will also be able to begin the formal acceptance of the Foundation of Hearts bid and legally agree terms.”

He warned, however, that while the move was a “a further step in the right direction” there were still “a number of issues

to be clarified and concerns addressed”.

Gintaras Adomonis, the administrator now running Ukio Bankas’ operations, added: “The zeal and tenacity of the fans have persuaded us that the process of CVA should be launched as soon as possible by the administrators of Heart of Midlothian FC.

“We are still far away from the end of the legal process which we all shall endure, but this is a step forward nevertheless.”

Mr Jackson appealed to fans to continue their backing: “Although I am sure the fans are sick of hearing this, I cannot stress enough how important it is that they continue their extraordinary support for their club. The fans, the staff, the players, the management and the FoH have all been outstanding over the last few months in keeping the club going but it needs to carry on. We still need to keep fans coming to matches, and money flowing through the club to ensure that we have sufficient funds to push the CVA process forward.”

• 4 weeks later...

Wasnt me was doing the rounds online.

Hearts administrators BDO have opened “tentative” talks with the insolvency firm in control of UBIG with just two days left to strike the deal which could save the club from liquidation.

However, it is understood that the stricken Tynecastle outfit have still been given no indication how the fallen investment giant will vote at Friday’s creditors meeting.

UBIG, Hearts’ majority shareholder with 49.9 per cent, are currently being run by Vilnius-based UAB Bankroto Administravimo Paslaugos after being formally declared bankrupt last week.

After initially fruitless efforts, BDO now have an effective line of communication with the Lithuanian firm and have answered a number of queries regarding the company voluntary arrangement (CVA) deal being proposed at Friday’s creditors meeting.

The bid, which has been tabled on behalf of fans’ group Foundation of Hearts, is worth £2.5m. However, that fee will be paid solely to Ukio Bankas, as the club’s only secured creditor.

UBIG, on the other hand, are effectively being offered nothing in return for their “yes” vote. But, given their debt is effectively worthless, BDO are hopeful they can be convinced to accept the terms.

As Hearts’ second largest creditor, with £8.2m of their total £28.5m debt, UBIG must either vote in favour of the CVA or abstain for the process to continue. If they vote against the proposal, the takeover bid will collapse. While it is understood that would not mean immediate liquidation for Hearts, a senior source close to the club admitted it would leave the Gorgie institution in a “bleak” situation.

• 2 weeks later...
Hearts may ask fans for more funds if the club runs out of money before the end of the season, according to administrator Bryan Jackson.

A company voluntary arrangement was approved in principle at a meeting of some of the club's creditors on Friday.

But Jackson needs to acquire the majority shareholding from UBIG, a process likely to take several months , and only has funds to last until March.

"There's nowhere else for me to go if we run into difficulties," he said.

"We'll just have to take that as we go. The cash flow is fluent, it can change.

Tickety tock

bth_animated_clock.gif

• 4 weeks later...