Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa League 3rd round

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be taking Cosgrove off to prevent him damaging his injury any more. Cos if he ends up out for a few weeks then Christ knows who is going to score for us.

Board must be bitterly regretting giving Mcinnes that contract extension now. Can't afford to sack the fucker

Big Sam will be sent off sooner than later. Why is he still out there?

We're going through the motions, have given up.

Rijeka are no great shakes but theyre easily good enough with us a man down. There's no point in any of our players risking injury, the tie has gone. Total sickener

Well that was shite. Fucking awful from first to last. Yes the ref was shite but by fuck did we make some stupid challenges. I had said to my mates as soon as Ojo was booked that he was going to be sent off. He was getting totally overrun in the middle of the park and was diving into challenges as a result. We should have hooked him as soon as we went 1-0 down. Cosgrove looked half fit. How bad must our other strikers be that McInnes would rather go with a half fit Cosgrove rather than play any of them. As someone has already said we have zero creation in midfield and as a result are very predictable. No doubt McInnes will claim getting a draw in second half as a victory.

DM clearly hasn't learnt a thing about how to play in Europe.  The fact we've never made it beyond the 3rd round qualifiers is terrible.

To be fair to McInnes, tonight was the largely the players' doing. Ojo was abysmal and panicky as fuck on the ball and Leigh was a disaster at that first goal; he was marking the fucking white line of the box and just opened his body to show the guy where to hit it. Individual errors killed it after 10 minutes, with 20 minutes ensuring no way back in. The bookings were ridiculously soft - both should have been a talking to (i.e. one card for the two). Just shows that foreign refs are definitely not the answer.

They were a decent side, but not amazing. They pressed very well tonight. We shouldn't have been giving away stupid goals in the away leg which set us up for the first goal fuck up here.

Most worrying part are Main and Wilson again, plus Ojo in midfield and Leigh at left back. Ojo made a couple of glaring mistakes that a central midfielder shouldn't be making in the first leg, and he was terrible tonight. Giving away the ball and generally just being poor on it. However, I'd say the biggest issue is that we've not replaced Shinnie as a player and definitely not as a captain. Zero leadership on the park, with Joe having a poor game (he had to come for that ball for their second, it was his all the way).

Wasn't actually expecting us to get through, but really didn't expect such a disaster. 

players are panicky due to shit man management?

Nah, I'd say due to ability. We rarely look panicky under McInnes. We're generally far too conservative to be panicky. Ojo just didn't like being pressed, and it was obvious from the first minute (there was a couple of hints of it in his debut, but I assumed it was just first game nerves/fitness).

and i will say it again some players are not in peak condition

The guys that have been here since last season are fine, but Leigh definitely way off and Hedges and even Gallagher looks a bit jaded at times. I think that the lack of Thursday games will actually do them good over the next few weeks.

Think we had 2 shots on target, one each leg, both from distance.

Main for Cosgrove? We were creating nothing, so make a (relative) like for like susbstitution? Yes let's not risk getting utterly gubbed, but maybe try something that attacking wise might cause them problems. At the very least make them think "this is different".

Gallagher is a mercan shinnie, with zero ability and zero heart. His pace is great, his acceleration is awesome (as long as he doesn't think someone might beat him to the ball). Close control is as you'd expect from someone who is paid to play football. He has no decision making ability and fuck all football brain. Can read it OK from behind the play, but struggles if we are on the front foot.

Lewis didn't have the best game tonight. Should have been out quicker at the first goal, and should have cleared Logan out at the second. It said everything about the communication, within our defensive unit, when McKenna made that un-necessary clearance towards the end of the first half. That said both goals were well placed/lucky.

I'd have hooked McGinn too. At that point his pass completion rate was 0.

Don't understand why Wilson is here if not for games like tonight.

Considine had a good game.

We didn't desereve anything from the game but the ref was an abomination. No excuses we deserved to lose.

That said he was an abomination;

Reijka player ploughs through Cosgrove from behind, nothing given. This sets a precedence, ref saw it and indicated "play on".

Ojo's first challenge. It was a yellow, but usually after 10 minutes, given the challenge on Cosgrove, he expected a foul. Regardless, precedent set.

Ojo's second challenge, foul given the first being given as a yellow. To send a player off for those two challenges and taking those as precedent 3 Reijka players should have been off and probably two further Dons players.

Ferguson beats 4 players drives into the box gets tripped, play on.

Deliberate hand ball by Reijka, fk Aberdeen, no yellow card.

Ferguson smashed, play on.

Cosgrove doesn't try to win the ball smacked in the face (gently) free kick Reijka. Main smacks Reijka player who doesn't try to win the ball in the face (gently) yellow card Main.

McLennan deserved a better pre-season, hopefully it's just injury that has curtailed him so far. Has the huns pre-season helped them? OK they have a large unaffordable squad, and are quite clearly "speculating to accumulate" in an even more unaffordable (or at the very least excessively risky) business model. Can't help think their additional games, against (albeit dis-interested) decent Euro opposition has given tham a lift? Will it come back and bite them later in the season?

Too pissed to remember if there or what the point was other than;

tactics = shite

recruitment = likley shite

selection = shite

game plan = shiter

reaction to the game = shiteiest

I have wrote paragraphs, deleted them, came back on and wrote more, repeated that process for almost an hour now and just gave up.

Bottom line is, it was fucking shite, from start to finish.

Any early optimism I had is completely gone, I just wonder how we'd fair if we had a manager in place that used the players at our disposal to their strengths. We are so fucking predictable it's infuriating.

That whole Cosgrove thing, about him being out for this game, what was the fucking point in that? What was that ever going to achieve?

Totally scunnered already, I think we'll have a much worse season than last, and that was pretty fucking underwhelming as it was, was only masked by some positive results against the Hun bastards.