Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa League 3rd round

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine this was one of those McInnes moments, where someone is unlikely to play, but they then go on to make it, and we still lose  ::) I wouldn't put it passed him by the way.

We can't go with Main again, not on his own, we most definitely can't go with Stevie May, I am still at a loss as to why this fraud is still at our club, so really only leaves Anderson & Wilson, if we are persisting with the 1 Striker, if not, would probably like to see Main & Wilson partnering each other. We will need some sort of brutish player up front, with a more technically astute player beside him, be that Anderson or Wilson, who knows.

If Cosgrove is absolutely out though, and this is not some sort of tactical media mind games, then I fear another goalless Aberdeen, for the 3rd consecutive game.

Surely has to start with 2 strikers tomorrow, probably Main & Wilson. Picked up tkt tonight, apparently only sold 13k, pretty poor tbh !

Get intae them boot boot :hammer:

At least mostr of those 13k didn't spend hundreds of pounds to watch us play like fucking pussies in Croatia.  ::) I'm surprised there are even this many mugs going along tonight.

At least mostr of those 13k didn't spend hundreds of pounds to watch us play like fucking pussies in Croatia.  ::) I'm surprised there are even this many mugs going along tonight.

I hope we win 4-1 just to spite those mugs who spent hundreds of pounds to watch us play like fucking pussies in Croatia.

Can I ask a completely irrelevant and hypothetical question?

See the likes of Igor Biscan, Dan Petrescu etc.... If we ever did punt McInnes, or he left on his own accord, could we attract those aforementioned managers? Would we be a bigger pull than the likes of Rijeka, in the Croatian League, or Cluj in the Romanian League?

Forgetting about Family etc... if they were approached and had zero personal drawbacks, would they leave their respective clubs for us?

More in terms of Competition, progression to a club down South if they do well, budgets etc....

I appreciate it's not relevant to the match, I was just having a conversation with a fellow supporter and we had very mixed opinions on it.

Can I ask a completely irrelevant and hypothetical question?

See the likes of Igor Biscan, Dan Petrescu etc.... If we ever did punt McInnes, or he left on his own accord, could we attract those aforementioned managers? Would we be a bigger pull than the likes of Rijeka, in the Croatian League, or Cluj in the Romanian League?

Forgetting about Family etc... if they were approached and had zero personal drawbacks, would they leave their respective clubs for us?

More in terms of Competition, progression to a club down South if they do well, budgets etc....

I appreciate it's not relevant to the match, I was just having a conversation with a fellow supporter and we had very mixed opinions on it.

I’d say no. We’re a diddy league. Rangers and Celtic have pull because of facilities and crowds, plus pay, and so called history. We’re just a small club who to them overachieved 30 plus years ago. Other clubs like us in Europe have folded.

I'd say yes. There was an article I saw yesterday that says that Celtic have a bigger turnover that all 14 clubs in the Romanian top league added together.

If that's the case, they must be paying their managers relative peanuts. (of course the cost of living over there is so much cheaper than it here.....hence why you hear about all these Roma gypsies coming over here to work for national minimum wage and sending the majority of their cash home where they build palatial residences and return home after about 10 years to a life of Romanian luxury). So I'm certain we could attract Petrescu over likely for half of what we pay Mcinnes. And as you say...they'd treat us as a stepping stone to the real riches of getting a gig in England/Spain/Italy/Germany so they would definitely be motivated to well. Would also open a possible new talent market for us.

However...... with the ink on Mcinnes' new contract barely dry it is something that won't be happening any time soon

Hopefully he has actually recovered and doesn’t end up out of action for months because McInnes doesn’t trust the 2 strikers he gave big contracts to 2 months ago.

He was always going to play. I had a gut feeling it was of those classic McInnes mind games  ::)

He used to do it with Hayes, then Mackay Steven, now it's poor Cosgrove's turn, hopefully the big fella takes it in his stride and doesn't feel too much expectation.

Happy he's starting, obviously, but personally find McInnes a bit cringe-worthy with this shite, especially if it back fires.

Anyway, hopefully he has his shooting boots on this evening, and we'll need an assured Considine and McKenna partnership.

2-1 Aberdeen FT ( Cosgrove, Hedges )