Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa League 3rd round

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the McKenna business will have a huge effect. Very distracting indeed. I'm guessing that no further action will take place before the game and he'll be on the pitch tonight, which is essential if we're to take anything.

I expect a really tight performance at the back from the dons. Would I be right in saying that Bryson didn't travel? I heard that from someone at work, but not sure if it was a confirmed rumour. If Bryson not there, I expect Ferguson to sit quite deep. Other than, I've nae idea about how good a team they are, or aren't.

3-0 the dons, Considine etc.

Yeah supposedly Bryson was left at home. Becoming a bit concerning tbh.

Still think there will be developments today regarding McKenna and I don't think it's a given he will play.

Rijeka are a big step up in class from what we have faced so far and right now I'd bite your hand off for a score draw but a one goal defeat, preferably 2-1 or even better 3-2 would be a good result to bring back.

Team news  -   

Lewis

Logan McKenna Considine Leigh

Ferguson Ojo

Hedges Gallacher McGinn

Cosgrove

Subs - Cerny,Devlin,Wilson,Main,Wright,Campbell,Vyner

Looking forward to it. COYR

They were a step up in class from what we have played previously but we gave them far to much respect and have paid the price. Both goals were self inflicted. Cannot see us not conceding at home so probably needing 4 to go through. Not enough quality to do that sadly.

Very poor, got what we deserved. Shit tactics from the past come back to haunt us.  Didn’t expect a balls out attacking performance but when, from what we have seen so far this year, our strength is in attack, why not attack more. As mentioned, Rejika are a step up from what we’ve seen but they weren’t that good. Don’t really remember any decent shot in goal. Can see us winning the second leg though, but 2-1, 3-2 or the likes.

Totally flat performance from us tonight but we were comfortable nevertheless until Logan had yet another of his utter brainfarts. It's clear the boy loves playing for us but passion isn't enough. Intelligence is required at times and sadly Logan belongs in the remedial class when it comes to that. Still if we had kept it to 1-0 we would have had a more than decent chance at home.

Really hoping the new loon is indeed Logan's long term replacement.

As has been said.....cannot see us not conceding in the home leg. Absolutely can envisage a heroic but ultimately fruitless 3-1 win. These Croats are no world beaters but they are a bit more streetwise than we are.

I said last week, maybe 2 weeks ago, it's clear we're going to set up completely differently when at Home and when Away. I expected a defensive performance tonight, but not that defensive. I think you'll see a totally different mindset next week, even if we'd got a positive result tonight, we'd still have seen a totally different mindset next week. Problem is, we showed them far too much respect and started treating the Ball like a fucking grenade tonight, nobody wanted to take responsibility and that's a disappointment.

Niall McGinn was a let down, he shirked his offensive duties in my opinion, never once came for the ball, he got back and tried to help Leigh out, but offensively he was anonymous.

Considine was probably the best player for us, he coped well and won just about everything, Leigh himself looked sluggish I thought, and Logan was decent enough up until that fucking idiotic moment, he's experienced enough and shouldn't be doing that.

Ferguson was also anonymous, and guilty of gifting them the ball a few times, no coincidence that he became more prominent when Campbell came on, as he was pushed further forward, but up until then, he was fucking mince, Hedges non-existent and Ojo, although he tried to keep possession, was pretty disappointing as well. I forgot Gallagher was playing to be honest.

Cosgrove was far too isolated, he actually won a fair amount of headers etc... but no-one was close enough to him to benefit from it, you could see his frustration as the game wore on.

All of the above though, was down to our gameplan, correct line up yes, totally wrong gameplan. We offered absolutely zero threat going forward, other than 2 long strikes ( Cosgrove, Ferguson ) that were straight down their Keepers throat, we offered absolutely fuck all, and that's the most frustrating thing. When you get to this stage, against tougher opposition, an away goal is pretty much essential, we didn't even try. Very McInnes-like these last 2 seasons, that performance, devoid of anything coherent and meaningful. And whilst it's not over, it's a mountain to climb, I think they'll score next week and manage the game comfortably. Or we'll blow them out the park, lets hope it's the latter. Just feels awfully deja-vu.  :(