Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa League 3rd round

they probably have a bit more depth given they can easily spend over million euros per season on transfers, make a lot from selling players also, that said they looked beatable

They looked pretty average in my opinion, they were guilty of misplacing passes and gifting the ball away, so much so, up until their Penalty, their fans were getting pretty angry and being very vocal about it.

Logan being a complete fucking wank and letting the team down, gave them a massive lift and from then on, they looked pretty comfortable.

Manc, an early goal next week and you never know, we've shown in spells this season that when we play, we can be pretty threatening. But I do think Rijeka will score, hopefully we have our shooting boots on. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a typical unnecessarily cautious game from Mcinnes,but if I must give some leeway its the fact that weve a 50% new squad.I'll save my anger til after next week,but if he hasnt noticed already that we seem to suit a more attacking style of play,then he's being negligent.

Enough of the timidity,early goal next week,and hud g'an.

It was a typical unnecessarily cautious game from Mcinnes,but if I must give some leeway its the fact that weve a 50% new squad.I'll save my anger til after next week,but if he hasnt noticed already that we seem to suit a more attacking style of play,then he's being negligent.

Enough of the timidity,early goal next week,and hud g'an.

Unnecessarily cautious is an under statement. Most cautious I’ve ever seen us play, we didn’t wants to attack. Rijeka were decent but just like the last round we over estimate our opponent and try to hold out when it’s not necessary. Last round we struggle for a 1-1 draw then blast them at home, I suspect our overly cautious approach costs us our place in Europe. I believe if we’d defended higher up the field and encouraged Hedges mcginn and Gallagher to support Cosgrove we’d have got an away goal and possibly even a draw, or win! We will win at Pittodrie but not by enough. Very disappointed.

So how are ticket sales for this? Can't imagine Sundays result helped matters. Really need a strong performance from the outset. Its all in the mindset, if the manager wants it and plays to the teams strengths, then we've got a chance. I'm not confident in the slightest mind, 3 unanswered goals is a tall order.

I actually think we should treat is as just needing a 2-0 victory which doesn't seem nearly as daunting a prospect. If we get 2 up, by all means try for a 3rd but at all costs do not lose an away goal. If we can get them to extra time then I think that's a decent result and we can then go for the win. Apparently Rijeka suffered a 2-0 defeat on Sunday, but on top of the defeat they've lost 2 players to injury.....one of which was a dislocated shoulder so he's definitely out and the other supposedly very doubtful.

What we cannot afford is another dreary negative shitfest that we have witnessed in the past 2 games. We have to get the crowd really up for it so the first 15 minutes absolutely pile into them. They really aren't that good.....

I actually think we should treat is as just needing a 2-0 victory which doesn't seem nearly as daunting a prospect. If we get 2 up, by all means try for a 3rd but at all costs do not lose an away goal. If we can get them to extra time then I think that's a decent result and we can then go for the win. Apparently Rijeka suffered a 2-0 defeat on Sunday, but on top of the defeat they've lost 2 players to injury.....one of which was a dislocated shoulder so he's definitely out and the other supposedly very doubtful.

What we cannot afford is another dreary negative shitfest that we have witnessed in the past 2 games. We have to get the crowd really up for it so the first 15 minutes absolutely pile into them. They really aren't that good.....

Your last sentence is the main problem and point. They aren’t that good, but how many games have we played in the last 4-5 years where we’ve been ultra defensive and conservative when our opponent hasn’t been that good. Too many times we focus on the opponent rather than playing to and maximizing our strengths.

You meaning anyone specific or just people in general? For me the manager gets credit when it’s due but gets deserved criticism when he fails. I’d rather he wasn’t the manager but he is and I’m a reasonable man to acknowledge when he does something right, plus I want Aberdeen to always do well. It’s not personal, I don’t dislike the guy, I just don’t think he’s a good coach. That's where he’s limited and has shown that many times. Like many though, it’s a new season, optimism, and I’m running into a brick wall again and again hoping for a different result.

Besides a manager who wins the league, every cup, the Eurovision Song Contest, the general election, Wimbledon, defeats Clubber Lang, over powers Lincoln Hawk, out wits Garry Kasparov, sees off Joey Chestnut, and beds 12 Victoria Secret models on consecutive nights, what would make you happy?

At home games at least you don't hear 'One Derek McInnes' being sung much now and if it is it is very low key.

From what I see and hear I think most people are fed up of what is happening with the team over say the last 18 months.

I am also led to believe that Season Ticket sales have dropped a good deal this season and also the renewal of the DNS thing has plummeted also, make of that what you will.

I renewed my ST, but I admit to not looking forward to this season and not even bothering going on Thursday night.

I'll be there on Thursday but didn't renew my (2) season tickets.

It's going to feel a bit flat after Europe, especially if we return to the type of football we saw on Sunday.

However, we've had 3 good home performances and we may well blast five past the Croatians on Thursday.

5-3 anyone?

Embarrassing stuff. To play against such a shite team so cautiously was a disgrace. It flattened the fans and the game was a waste of everyone's time and money. We deserve to be papped out on Thursday. However I will love it if we turn it around as the wild celebrations from the Rijeka players and fans (including an OTT fireworks display) was also an embarrassment from them and will hopefully bite them on the arse.

At home games at least you don't hear 'One Derek McInnes' being sung much now and if it is it is very low key.

From what I see and hear I think most people are fed up of what is happening with the team over say the last 18 months.

I am also led to believe that Season Ticket sales have dropped a good deal this season and also the renewal of the DNS thing has plummeted also, make of that what you will.

I renewed my ST, but I admit to not looking forward to this season and not even bothering going on Thursday night.

I was going to go Thursday night, leave work early, 200mile drive up, watch game, food, 200mile back hame, get in around 2am and get up for work 6am Friday. But after that absolute pish on Sunday, I think i will just stay at home and watch on RedTV.

I was going to go Thursday night, leave work early, 200mile drive up, watch game, food, 200mile back hame, get in around 2am and get up for work 6am Friday. But after that absolute pish on Sunday, I think i will just stay at home and watch on RedTV.

Hun. I'll be there, as I am without doubt the biggest fan on the board. I could actually get Stevie May with my loyalty points and still have enough to get Steven Gleeson in to the game on Thursday, which is the only way you'll see him at Pittodrie again.

If it had been anybody other than HNK Rijeka regardless of the first leg score I'd have been there for my 20th European evening at Pittodrie.  I've not yet had said refund confirmed by LNER in having to make a split decision where making Chikhura Sachkhere match inside a taxi from Berwick-upon-Tweed was concerned.  You see didn't want adding towards the stress I felt on morning of match when finding train got cancelled.  £350 is a lot of money regarding this disabled guy.  Already paid £184 beforehand on match brief, travel ticket, accommodation, hence each goal that night cost roughly £106.80!!!!!

I have 1-1 on coupon.  James Wilson Anytime Scorer.       

if we do get through, highly unlikely, and we get gent forget it

Don't be confusing Gent with Genk (Genk were formed by the amalgamation of one of our old Euro adversaries Waterschei with Winterslag around 30 years ago)..................Gent are nowhere near the level of Genk and although I agree that our chances of progression are unlikely, should we manage to pull it off then it's an eminently winnable tie. Although another performance like Sunday's would result in a horsing

Had Cosgrove been fit, starting May alongside might not have been a bad option at all. We were at our best last season with those 2 in partnership throughout December....we scored a fair few goals in that period

Wondering who will be on penalties with no Cosgrove? GMS was back up option for penalties (and actually May was on them and hadn't missed, but got dropped when Stewart got brought back and Cosgrove inherited the job). McGinn probably?

Where is it confirmed Sam is out?

If he is, please

Lewis

Logan-Considine-McKenna-Leigh

Hedges-Ojo-Ferguson-mcginn

Main-Wilson

Confirmation of Cosgrove being out here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49324014

We should not be going with Main as his “style” of football will see him booked or sent off in Europe. See Stockley for evidence of that. He is also dug shite.

Would rather we went with Anderson or May along side Wilson. Agree with the rest of the team.

Think we are fucked anyway as cannot see us getting 3 without them scoring.

In

Bus up and hopefully a couple of pints

Y

Bus back to capital

2-1 McGinn and Wilson.