Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

Not really sure where he'll play. Will he play in front of ojo and fergie? As our number 10? Will fergie push forward? will we try to play the free flowing 4-1-4-1 that he promised at the start of the season with both in front of ojo?

I like pace in the team and these variations all lack it for me.

Would like to see us set-up similar to Hibs when he was there - the midfield three of McGeouch, McGinn and Allan on their day was fantastic.

Can we replicate that with McGeouch, Ferguson and Ojo/Bryson? Probably not, but be interesting to see who plays when all four are fit (plus Campbell too). It's nice to have some midfield options.

Hopefully some defenders in the door next.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure where he'll play. Will he play in front of ojo and fergie? As our number 10? Will fergie push forward? will we try to play the free flowing 4-1-4-1 that he promised at the start of the season with both in front of ojo?

I like pace in the team and these variations all lack it for me.

Yes and no, depends where you want pace and the way we play. Logan and Leigh are pretty quick, McGinn is slowing but still gets up and down, Hedges is pacey, and Cosgrove isn't too shabby. Like them or not, Gallagher, Wilson, and McLennan are quick too. Our center mids don't necessarily need to be the quickest, Ferguson is pretty mobile I think, not sure on Ojo but he sits in anyway.

I do agree though, Ojo sitting behind Ferguson and McGeough works for me too. But McInnes will go with two holding most likely, unnecessary against all but the old firm and even that's debatable.

I've no issue with that. He showed against the hun that he has a function in a particular setup and his pace and harassing is a good thing to have in the squad. Not a player I'd like to see starting every week, but is fine coming off the bench chasing things down high up the park.

I heard rumours of Main going out on loan. Assuming a team would be stupid enough to take him, that'd be fantastic.

I heard rumours of Main going out on loan. Assuming a team would be stupid enough to take him, that'd be fantastic.

Fairly certain these are just rumours. Unless/until we sign another striker he is the back up option to Cosgrove, we won't be sending him anywhere without someone coming in first. I saw elsewhere there were a number of really very specific occurances in the pipeline and Main going on loan (Ross County were mentioned as a destination) was one of them....along with signing Liam Boyce and Lyndon Dykes ( Boyce immediately, Dykes more likely in the summer). I'll believe it when I see it

Gallaghet I don't rate at all and should be giving our own young playerd the game time, but sadly a taste of what is coming with our new investors.

Main I could see doing well at Ross County , but if true, why on earth did we sign him as a terrible footballer who wad never going to improve us in anyway and who reminds me of the type of shyte we signed during the very dark years.

Hearts apparently have offered Berra to St Johnstone in a swap deal for Matty Kennedy as Saints are supposedly in dire need of a centre half. McInnes, however, remains confident that he will sign a pre-contract with us after a medical on our return from Dubai.

Maybe we could make a similar offer to get him onboard immediately. Offer a swap for Devlin? (Of course if this were to happen we couldn't let McKenna leave until summer). Would probably suit all parties.....I've heard that Devlin hasn't settled in Aberdeen and would welcome a move back to the central belt.

In this situation I’m actually more optimistic. Hearts are bottom and one of the relegation favorites, not sure players want to commit to that uncertainty.

Possibly. But Edinburgh is decent and they'll probably be able to match our wage offer.

I remember a few seasons back the rat had verbally agreed to join some Yank MLS club. Or indeed most famously, 30 or so years ago Mo Johnston had agreed to rejoin Celtic and actually got paraded on TV wearing the strip.

Until the contract (and I mean full contract not a pre-contract) is signed.....there is always a way out

The problem Hearts have is they need players now to stave off relegation, while St Johnstone need to keep players to stave off relegation.

Not sure Hearts will want him on a pre-contract because what if they offer big money, get relegated, and are left with a player on a hefty wage in the Championship?

Preferably we'd get him now too but think we'll settle for a pre-contract.