Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

8 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Yep, they've got fairly good fullbacks with tavernier and barisic, so it's not a failure to be second to them. However, from memory, he wasn't exactly a stand out for the u21s, and it's clearly appeasement that sees him in the squad. 

Oh definitely. Only 4 U21 caps and 7 first team starts. As Al said has to be some sort of record for him to get a full cap after that many games. 

4 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

Does anyone know how I can watch games live here in the USA?

I know I’m late, but I have an ESPN plus subscription, $50 per year if I recall. Watch all the Scotland games there, worth it I think.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jute said:

Oh definitely. Only 4 U21 caps and 7 first team starts. As Al said has to be some sort of record for him to get a full cap after that many games. 

Pampering to the Hun hoards

Nothing less, nothing more

The fires stocked by the media

Thought Gilmour looked good, tidy on the ball and definitely looks to go forward. Keen to see him play more, plus McTom is a powerful boy in the middle to balance out gilmour’s lack of size. Also thought Patterson did quite well, would be nice to have quality on the right since our left is certainly good enough. At the same time, we’ll face tougher opponents so putting it into perspective.

Dykes scores a hat trick on his day but at least we created. Adams is a plus. Much like the dons, thought we missed a #10 today and lacked a creative attacking central midfielder. Didn’t think mcginn or Mcgregor did much today but both can play better. What’s the deal with Christie, not in the squad today??

Edited by LA-Don

1 hour ago, Jute said:

To be fair to Patterson he has talked recently about possibly have to leave the Tribute Act if he wants to play first team football. 

And here we have the secondary reason for his selection. Get him in the shop window for the huns. 

I'd be more annoyed about Patterson if we had any other options at RB. O'Donnell is fucking dire, every bit the player that could only interest Motherwell when available on a free transfer twice in the last 12 months.

24 minutes ago, Slim said:

I'd be more annoyed about Patterson if we had any other options at RB. O'Donnell is fucking dire, every bit the player that could only interest Motherwell when available on a free transfer twice in the last 12 months.

Don't see why all the negativity about O'Donnell, he's not a world beater but at the same time he's a dependable full back.  His delivery into the box is also decent.  We have had a lot worse right backs.  More worried about the fact Hanley seems to have played his way into the starting line up.  He has been culpable for more goals going into our net over the last 10 years than most.  An accident waiting to happen.  In fairness to Patterson and to add some balance to the paranoid out there, he must be a good prospect to have broken through into the hun first team because they generally have zero inclination to blood their young scottish players.  

27 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Don't see why all the negativity about O'Donnell, he's not a world beater but at the same time he's a dependable full back.  His delivery into the box is also decent.  We have had a lot worse right backs.  More worried about the fact Hanley seems to have played his way into the starting line up.  He has been culpable for more goals going into our net over the last 10 years than most.  An accident waiting to happen.  In fairness to Patterson and to add some balance to the paranoid out there, he must be a good prospect to have broken through into the hun first team because they generally have zero inclination to blood their young scottish players.  

Yep, O'Donnell has done very well and raises his game to a good standard when playing for Scotland. He's had a few assists over the years and quite often overshadows Robertson on the opposite side who hasn't actually had a particular strong Scotland career despite being a very good footballer. Patterson got into the Hun team when Tavernier was injured and played well, but I think it would be the wrong decision to put him in ahead of O'Donnell and I think he is defensively suspect.

5 hours ago, HaarDon said:

I can't believe there isn't a free website where you can record the Scotland games.

I can't be going to bed at 1am and getting up at 6am to work.

I'd be fucked.

Even if I paid for something it would only be live right?

Sky usually have games in the on demand section of Sky Go but you have to pay for Sky and not sure if that is available outside U.K. 

Not aware of any other sites that show matches in full after the fact. 

For Euros it might be worth checking if they have delayed coverage of games on BBC iPlayer or ITV player if you can access these outside U.K. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HaarDon said:

I can't believe there isn't a free website where you can record the Scotland games.

I can't be going to bed at 1am and getting up at 6am to work.

I'd be fucked.

Even if I paid for something it would only be live right?

Call yourself a supporter? 

Tierney is an absolute massive blow. He would probably walk into any team competing in this competition.

Hanley gives me the fear and I still can't understand how he is a first choice, but hope he has a stormer.

I haven't got to the age I am without seeing one disappointment/false dawn after another.

Please don't make this another of them

Lets just fucking do it guys.

0-1 halftime. Unlucky to be down, a decent even game. Good goal, just a bit disorganised at the back, with Henry slow to get across leaving O'Donnell with two men so just a fraction too late to block the cross. Not much the defenders or keeper could do from there. Hanley and McGinn been good, Robertson excellent, dykes been okay. Need more from McTominay and Armstrong and Christie to get on the ball more.

6 hours ago, BigAl said:

Tierney is an absolute massive blow. He would probably walk into any team competing in this competition.

Hanley gives me the fear and I still can't understand how he is a first choice, but hope he has a stormer.

I haven't got to the age I am without seeing one disappointment/false dawn after another.

Please don't make this another of them

Lets just fucking do it guys.

Tierney has become our most important player I would say.  If he was fit we would not have lost today. 

Thought mctominay should have had a pen, don't see how var missed a blatant body check.  

O'donnel was terrible, all he did was pass backwards.  I would stick Patterson in, he's fucking fearless and we need some pace down the right 

22 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Tierney has become our most important player I would say.  If he was fit we would not have lost today. 

Thought mctominay should have had a pen, don't see how var missed a blatant body check.  

O'donnel was terrible, all he did was pass backwards.  I would stick Patterson in, he's fucking fearless and we need some pace down the right 

I don't think Paterson is that good though? O'Donnell is poor but he's generally sensible enough. I think I'd trust Forrest to mark his man over Paterson.

McTominay one was never a pen, he charged head first into the defender. He was terrible today, really didn't put in the effort required. He should be dragging his midfield through games like these. He didn't show up.

Totally agree about Tierney, knew we'd be up against it when he wasn't in the squad. Surely must be questionable whether he'll go from not being on the bench to being fit to play England. Will be a huge miss, Cooper doesn't offer much at all in there.