Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Just now, tup1 said:

A typically shambolic approach to a major tournament from Scotland.

I can see why the Croats and the Czechs thought fuck that.

Aye, the Czechs have been exemplary in their handling of covid infections in the national side.

32 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, the Czechs have been exemplary in their handling of covid infections in the national side.

They've learned their lesson it seems.

It won't be surprising if Scotland have to withdraw from the tournament for Covid breaches.

Think McKenna will need a move if he's going to get a game. With both Hanley and cooper playing at a higher level than him, he needs to get into the premier League before he'll be first pick again. I think he's good enough to get there, next year will be a big one for him.

10 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Think McKenna will need a move if he's going to get a game. With both Hanley and cooper playing at a higher level than him, he needs to get into the premier League before he'll be first pick again. I think he's good enough to get there, next year will be a big one for him.

Should not be the case as he is a better player than either player starting tonight but suspect you are right. He will need to move from Championship to EPL to displace those ahead of him in Clarke’s eyes. 

13 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, decent game. Hectic stuff for the first 30 minutes. Lovely goal and unlucky not to add a second too. Tierney some player like. England will need all their right backs against him and Robertson.

All 4 of them.

Aye, good performance. Few too many errors in the midfield but some good performances nevertheless. Terrible decision by the ref, really bad. Although the freekick against McKenna a few minutes earlier given by the linesman was even worse. Got to be blocking the whole goal with the wall against players like that. 

Scotland play better against tougher opponents.

So I think we will do OK at the Euros. England are pretty pish and Southgate is a fud so as long as we don't lose that one I'm not too fussed about the other two games. Can see us getting 4 points from the 3 games.

15 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

It would be incredibly surprising actually.

Not really. We were down to 19 last night. The players only just come out of quarantine in time for the opening game.

So lose a few more and we won't be able to field a team. I don't know if there are special rules for this current tournament which allow for further players to be brought in but it won't take much to screw us from here, just one more outbreak.

41 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Not really. We were down to 19 last night. The players only just come out of quarantine in time for the opening game.

So lose a few more and we won't be able to field a team. I don't know if there are special rules for this current tournament which allow for further players to be brought in but it won't take much to screw us from here, just one more outbreak.

Teams can call players up to replace injured players right up until they play their first game of the tournament. 

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

There is only one player in quarantine.

Clarke does not seem to have a scoob about what is his first choice defence.  First he gives McKenna the captaincy and plays McTominay at the back, then brings in Considine albeit with injuries to others.  Then Gallacher looks like a first choice, now we have Cooper, Hanley now Hendry!  Has he actually ever played the same three centre halves for two games in succession?  God knows who will play in the proper games.  Tierney seems to be the only certainty.  Even the midfield is a bit unknown, will we go with McGregor, McGinn, McTominay, Armstong, Fraser, Forrest, Turnbull, Christie??  First time in a long time that we could actually field two not bad teams.

6 hours ago, Jute said:

Teams can call players up to replace injured players right up until they play their first game of the tournament. 

Ah cool.

The Irn-Bru yes sir I can boogie thing is a national embarrassment. The player responsible is not even in the squad ffs.

He only has himself to blame as he was pish for the last 6 months but I'm pissed off because we bought a Scotland shirt with Considine 23 on it and now it's fkn useless. Fuck you Steve Clarke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

Ah cool.

The Irn-Bru yes sir I can boogie thing is a national embarrassment. The player responsible is not even in the squad ffs.

He only has himself to blame as he was pish for the last 6 months but I'm pissed off because we bought a Scotland shirt with Considine 23 on it and now it's fkn useless. Fuck you Steve Clarke.

Don't worry, Billy Gilmour's big team will tell him he can't play anymore and Considine will get his shirt back.