Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Either there's an entire fishing fleet in your post, or you need to tone down the scattergun vitriol in your posts when you encounter a view you don't agree with, as you are (rightly or wrongly) coming across as a bit of an angry self-righteous dick.

My issue wasn't that the team came from Celtic specifically, but that the impression given was that the players were being picked as a ready-made block from one team rather than on individual merit - that doesn't send a great message to Scottish players in other teams. 

However, as i get the impression that a measured response is unlikely and you seem determined to hijack what was a general observation made to all, i'll just leave it there.  :thumbsup:

You said that the manager was "lazy", that he hadn't selected the best players for the job.

The result might suggest Strachan knows better than you.

Who would you have played instead of who the "lazy" manager did?

I know math is acceptable too but only if ur a cock.

When you say "acceptable", what do you mean?

That's a simple question ok but it's actually quite a complex dynamic.

I'm not busting your balls here. This is interesting stuff.

Thinking and communicating with efficiency is always worthy of examination.

For one word, let alone a concept or principle or critical thinking path to be acceptable, there must exist a code or majority or legislature to determine as such.

The word "math" isn't used in Scotland. Only in Americuh to my knowledge. So where the fuck does the concept of acceptability come in to it?

Its used in australia and new zealand too.

Probably many western societies in schools.

I would presume us oldies keep the term maths alive.

I cant say if the youth in Scotland use the term.

For me there are grammatical rules.

Something with an s on the end or a plural with an s should be therefore shortened with the s.

Spectacles= specs

Specifications=specs

Mathematics= maths

Congratulations=congrats

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.

:rofl:

Bit of a slip up from Strachan on Friday. Scott Brown a booking away from suspension. Not sure why he wasn't told to hoof the ball away in the 89th minute versus Lithuania to pick up a booking and miss the Malta game. On current form you'd want him to available for both Slovakia and Slovenia. There's a good chance he'll get himself booked against Slovakia (because that's what he does) which means he'll miss the final game. I'd have taken the hit now and let him miss the Malta match. He can be the difference in big games, and was very good on Friday. Not saying we need him, just that he can be very good when on form. You wonder if they look at these things and are aware of them? They should be.

Strachan got asked about a points target and went off on one. He started rambling like only he can.

He can't disguise his contempt for journalists. His biggest issue is that he thinks he knows best. Well of course he has greater experience in the game but he doesn't have ALL the answers. He doesn't even recognise a decent question. Anything less than 20 points will be 18 points in our case and if he's a professional manager - what the fuck else does he do with the copious amounts of time the role provides? - he should know that we have to get 3 wins and 20 points. Even that probably won't be enough if Slovakia win tonight but 18 points would not only be unlikely to get through against the other groups, it will be highly unlikely to get second place in this group!

He couldn't even admit that Friday was a must-win, unlike his deputy who didn't shy away from the obvious. Strachan's unwillingness to admit the obvious is born from his obstinacy and his contempt. He is a disgusting human being who's small man syndrome and deprived environmental upbringing has stunted his emotional development. He doesn't deserve to succeed and therefore he won't.

Strachan got asked about a points target and went off on one. He started rambling like only he can.

He can't disguise his contempt for journalists. His biggest issue is that he thinks he knows best. Well of course he has greater experience in the game but he doesn't have ALL the answers. He doesn't even recognise a decent question. Anything less than 20 points will be 18 points in our case and if he's a professional manager - what the fuck else does he do with the copious amounts of time the role provides? - he should know that we have to get 3 wins and 20 points. Even that probably won't be enough if Slovakia win tonight but 18 points would not only be unlikely to get through against the other groups, it will be highly unlikely to get second place in this group!

He couldn't even admit that Friday was a must-win, unlike his deputy who didn't shy away from the obvious. Strachan's unwillingness to admit the obvious is born from his obstinacy and his contempt. He is a disgusting human being who's small man syndrome and deprived environmental upbringing has stunted his emotional development. He doesn't deserve to succeed and therefore he won't.

I think it's harsh to single out Strachan on that particular one. It seems to be de rigueur for managers these days not to admit to games being "must win". It must be taught at media training school or some shite. It's also one of the list of twenty "standard questions for fitba managers" that commentators irritatingly ask all the time because they're too fucking thick or scared to think of anything more insightful. Everyone takes from the standard list of questions and answers these days in fitba, it's not worth listening to any interview anymore, Strachan just takes longer to answer the same question with the same answer in an attempt to sound more intelligent than he actually is.

But Strachan did get asked and he did do his usual tangent shite and made a complete tit of himself. Again.

For some of the specific reasons I gave.

You've added another one. You're right in that he's not too bright. I suspect those formative years in the Edinburgh slum stunted his intellectual development too. It's such a shame that a grown man carries such bitterness and critical thinking handicaps this late into his life.

Christ, is it tonight they're playing?

I've just missed the first goal?

C'mon Slovakia, get right into the bastards.

I must admit to feeling dirty at wanting England to score. It feels so alien, being a lifelong ABE.

A very professional first half hour for Scotland but we know this campaign is destined for glorious failure.

That shite "we'll be coming" tartan army song just now reminded me why I couldn't really give a fuck.