Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

Ha i hear ya manc.

I know what ur saying but i just cant give up on the scotland team.

Its so much more to me than 1 manager or 1 player or even a shite set up which it totally is.

Its our national team and ill always follow them.

Call it international rivalry...competition..country pride..fitbaw history..underachievers..who knows. Probably all of that.

Seen too many glory hunters supporting 'their' club team.

And world cups and internationals still interest me hugely.

I noticed a good story in the record today about a positive side to the tartan army.

Theres far more positives than negatives but some seem to dwell on the shit.

The swedish tartan army supporter talking about how meeting some of the lads changed her life.

Surely that's a positive.

:)

Anyway, at the end of the day..i dont think it's stupid or embarrassing to support your national football team wherever ur from as others do.

Ha i hear ya manc.

I know what ur saying but i just cant give up on the scotland team.

Its so much more to me than 1 manager or 1 player or even a shite set up which it totally is.

Its our national team and ill always follow them.

Call it international rivalry...competition..country pride..fitbaw history..underachievers..who knows. Probably all of that.

Seen too many glory hunters supporting 'their' club team.

And world cups and internationals still interest me hugely.

I noticed a good story in the record today about a positive side to the tartan army.

Theres far more positives than negatives but some seem to dwell on the shit.

The swedish tartan army supporter talking about how meeting some of the lads changed her life.

Surely that's a positive.

:)

Anyway, at the end of the day..i dont think it's stupid or embarrassing to support your national football team wherever ur from as others do.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly agree with your last sentence and don't begrudge anyone from doing so, it's more that I find the whole setup tedious and ridiculous.  I used to love international football, especially the tournaments. But now everything is geared to playing as much football as possible, countries that shouldn't be there getting a look in (i'd include Scotland in that as we're shite to watch because of whos picked, just not been flukey enough to get through).  Tired of it all. The Euros used to be amazing, the last one was far from it.  The last world cup, I'm not even sure how many games I watched.  Far reduced to what I used to anyway.  TV and corrupt money (Russia, China, arabs) have ruined it. Cunts.

Absolutely agree manc.

The euros used to be brilliant eh.

I hardly wathed the last 2 world cups.

Its just not the same as 98 and before whwn we regularly qualified.

I still love it even though its torture.

I just have too many brilliant memories of going to hampden with the lads.

Mckimmie scoring  being one of them.

I think the team is miles better than it was. Pity it took strachan so long for the penny to drop.

I think the team is miles better than it was. Pity it took strachan so long for the penny to drop.

That was said when be Croatia under Strachan, and then when we did well against both Germany and Poland. It's easy for a manager to get a team up for an England game and doesn't really reflect general performance. There's been nothing in the other qualifying games to suggest he has any fucking idea.

As for James fucking Forrest. 17 atrocious caps for Scotland to date, we're basically trying to play him into some sort of international form - like what happened with Maloney, who only turned good after being dropped for a while and very late in his career. Fraser and Burke much better options.

Should be an easy win though, they were gash over here.

Absolutely agree manc.

The euros used to be brilliant eh.

I hardly wathed the last 2 world cups.

Its just not the same as 98 and before whwn we regularly qualified.

I still love it even though its torture.

I just have too many brilliant memories of going to hampden with the lads.

Mckimmie scoring  being one of them.

Please don't finish sentences with eh. They do that in Fife. It's fucking disgusting, like advertising our intellectual retardation.

Your "loving it even though its torture" smacks of tartan army endurance self flaggelation, a peculiar condition, idiosyncratic to losers.

The "lads" who went to Hampden were, and are, very sad individuals who's sexual activity levels are remarkably less than 10% of the national average.

Just can't get excited about watching a team that is basically picked from Celtic because "they're used to playing together".  6 out of 11, and that's only because Tic haven't got any more Scottish players.

Who gives a fuck which clubs the selected players come from?

Celtic are the only half decent side in the country.

Nobody can argue with this result... only that Forrest has been shit.

And Craig Gordon should never get a game again after Hampden v. the English.

I do, when they are selected en masse with the main justification for this being they make a handy off-the-peg team.  Difficult to look beyond it as anything other than a lazy selection by the Scotland manager.

Do results not matter in your world?

You take exception to the majority of the team being from the only half decent club in the country?

Wise up ye fucking balloon.

I find it difficult to get enthused pre match for any Scotland game but thats purely because we have been shyte for so long and as a young loon in the 70s was spoiled by us regularly qualifying for World Cups, beating teams we had no business beating on a regular basis then gloriously (and comically) making a total c@nt of it once we got there...

However once the game starts I'm always a million percent behind the boys no matter how shyte we are. Its surely only sevconians who would do otherwise...

And as Rocket says we are well worth the scoreline so far

Do results not matter in your world?

You take exception to the majority of the team being from the only half decent club in the country?

Wise up ye fucking balloon.

I take exception when the reason for selection is given as familiarity rather than merit.  Thought that was obvious from the last time I said that, 1 post ago.

Don' want to overexcite you any more than you already are though, so don't worry about it.

I take exception when the reason for selection is given as familiarity rather than merit.  Thought that was obvious from the last time I said that, 1 post ago.

Don' want to overexcite you any more than you already are though, so don't worry about it.

What an arse. They were the best team to be picked. And they vindicated it.

Your problem is as equally unknown to you as it is to most.

Just out of curiosity, are you capable of posting a response without throwing a random insult in?  Or is this some kind of digital Tourettes?

You should do your research and due diligence.

Then determine what fraction of one per cent of my posts include an insult.

Is it illegal to insult? Or is it illegal to insult you?

Especially when your tit-like outlook and biased ignorance deserved full condemnation.

You should do your research and due diligence.

Then determine what fraction of one per cent of my posts include an insult.

Is it illegal to insult? Or is it illegal to insult you?

Especially when your tit-like outlook and biased ignorance deserved full condemnation.

Calm down, you seem awfully upset - it's only a forum, and I was only commenting on your last handful of posts to me.

...although (and i'm going to regret asking this i'm sure), what do you mean by "biased ignorance"?

Actually, no, don't worry about it, don't want to inadvertently set you off again. Enjoy the match  :thumbsup:

Calm down, you seem awfully upset - it's only a forum, and I was only commenting on your last handful of posts to me.

...although (and i'm going to regret asking this i'm sure), what do you mean by "biased ignorance"?

Actually, no, don't worry about it, don't want to inadvertently set you off again. Enjoy the match  :thumbsup:

You're obviously not from Aberdeen. You may be soft southern shite.

The comments you posted were ridiculous and absurd. I didn't post them. You did.

Don't shoot the messenger. Your stupid bias was that a team with 6 Celtic was a bad thing.

Your logic was flawed. The result proved the spasticness of your position.