Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... we're struggling a little. Not really created anything. Neither have they like. Stewart shouldn't have been left one on one with thon guy who skinned him - something he did on several occasions in the home leg. Still, a little unlucky to be one down as they haven't created anything either.

Stockley's yellow going to cause us problems. Very harsh like, nothing in it. Christie's was worse though. Stockley doing okayish, but I don't see him scoring. Not sure how I'd change it to be honest. Stewart nae looking great either, nor GMS. Shinnie, McLean and Christie doing okay. Can see this one petering out at 1-0 unless we make some changes. Maybe get Arneson on and change the shape completely. with a 3-5-2 of sorts.

Hmmm... we're struggling a little. Not really created anything. Neither have they like. Stewart shouldn't have been left one on one with thon guy who skinned him - something he did on several occasions in the home leg. Still, a little unlucky to be one down as they haven't created anything either.

Stockley's yellow going to cause us problems. Very harsh like, nothing in it. Christie's was worse though. Stockley doing okayish, but I don't see him scoring. Not sure how I'd change it to be honest. Stewart nae looking great either, nor GMS. Shinnie, McLean and Christie doing okay. Can see this one petering out at 1-0 unless we make some changes. Maybe get Arneson on and change the shape completely. with a 3-5-2 of sorts.

Totally agree, we're flat, no real energy, but then again look at the second half in Bosnia, hope we get the same. Going to 3 at the back isn't a bad shout.

Sounds like the Apollon fans have been raking in BigAl's wardrobe, lots of chat about 'flares'  :dunno:

The bitter nonsense fae the red tv commentators was getting annoying, going on and on about it. Who gives a fuck really. Just some Cypriot retards being retards.

Anyway, all too predictable unfortunately. I think if we'd signed Moult we'd have been through. Interesting to see if we sign him now. Interesting, also, to see how close our bid was and if the extra cash would have been worth it. I'd have given Motherwell another 100K for the chance to get to the playoffs. We clearly went into this tie with a dearth up front (Maynard equally as pish as Stockley) and didn't address it.

Could not see any game plan from us, no cohesion and no real pattern whatsoever.

Our first shot on target from open play came in the 95th minute, criminal.

We need to cut our losses with Jayden Stockley, let Miles Storey out on loan to a club where he'll get guaranteed game time & prioritise a striker to compete with Rooney & Maynard. I'd even go as far as saying that I still wouldn't mind another Left Back. Considine is fine and reliable enough for SPFL games we should be winning, but as Shinnie is clearly now seen as a Midfielder, we need cover or rotation in at Left Back.

Also, Scott Wright should probably start vs Hamilton and let Stewart rest, he'll be an asset no question but he's so sluggish it's unreal just now.

Overall a very disappointing and piss poor evening where the manager got it wrong it again, but we still have minor shortcomings that hopefully he'll address.

Poor team performance, no player stood out, good or bad. Easy to single out or blame but ultimately the team didn't show up. Last year missing a penalty and a man sent off I was gutted, this year we were simply very poor and didn't deserve it. They were by far the weakest team that we've been knocked out by, huge opportunity missed.

We have no forward on form and full of confidence. Don't think Rooney, Stockley, or Maynard would have mattered tonight. We didn't, as mentioned, seem to have any sort of attacking tactics, not sure what we were trying to do tonight and created so little. I can accept this will improve over time as we train with the new boys but we need to alter tactics. GMS and Stewart aren't McGinn and Hayes. They'll still do well I predict but we need to alter tactics a little. This means a new forward in my eyes or give Storey an extended run. We lacked pace in attacking tonight in my eyes and he definitely has that.

Could not see any game plan from us, no cohesion and no real pattern whatsoever.

Our first shot on target from open play came in the 95th minute, criminal.

We need to cut our losses with Jayden Stockley, let Miles Storey out on loan to a club where he'll get guaranteed game time & prioritise a striker to compete with Rooney & Maynard. I'd even go as far as saying that I still wouldn't mind another Left Back. Considine is fine and reliable enough for SPFL games we should be winning, but as Shinnie is clearly now seen as a Midfielder, we need cover or rotation in at Left Back.

Also, Scott Wright should probably start vs Hamilton and let Stewart rest, he'll be an asset no question but he's so sluggish it's unreal just now.

Overall a very disappointing and piss poor evening where the manager got it wrong it again, but we still have minor shortcomings that hopefully he'll address.

Annoyingly spot on. I disagree with you Rico that Maynard did nothing, he did far more than Stockley did all game. When we actually started playing balls up top he won a few headers and free kicks. Blame has to fall with DM on that one as every man and their dog knew Stockley shouldn't start, let alone stay on as long as he did. I think the worst part of all of this is was that it was so painfully obvious. Started with the incorrectine up and should have had arnie, Tansey and Wright on sooner. Who knows what difference a mobile striker would have done.

Big fat sigh.