Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Farts - Sat - 12:15

Actually I'd say Bb has more than changed his opinion on him in the last few weeks. He was correct to call him out at the time, but as soon as December came a different player appeared. I hope McLean keeps it up. Strachan is q cunt but hey ho, it's only the national team. He keeps performing for us that's all I care.

Correct !

couldnt care less about the national side.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he has. How could he have not?

I always knew that was a dumb comment though, one that has totally bitten him on the arse.

We'll agree to disagree but at that time, McLean had lost all the confidence he has the previous season. Hadn't started the season well and hadn't really responded to Maddison coming in, until December. Then something changed in his attitude and confidence. And I'm fucking pleased as anyone about it. Strachan is a head case, as is his number two. Let them rot in hell. Past glories or not, those bridges are burnt.

We'll agree to disagree but at that time, McLean had lost all the confidence he has the previous season. Hadn't started the season well and hadn't really responded to Maddison coming in, until December. Then something changed in his attitude and confidence. And I'm fucking pleased as anyone about it. Strachan is a head case, as is his number two. Let them rot in hell. Past glories or not, those bridges are burnt.

I don't think we're disagreeing about anything. Yes we all knew he showed great promise in his first six months. Yes he had gone off the boil. But you and I weren't calling to get rid of him. That would have been a catastrophic mistake, as Kenny has since proved.

In fact, I think bb deserves praise. KM must have seen his comment and that may be why the worm has since turned ??

We've got a team full of heart, effort, invention, pace, aggression, determination, togetherness......

I love it. Loved seeing us dominate and out-fight a hearts team that want to be where we are so much. Should have been a 5-0 game, but we've seen it so many times recently, teams want to sit in and/or get physical against us - we can handle it and still get the result.

Pass marks for everyone, McLean was the star pupil yet again.

We've got a team full of heart, effort, invention, pace, aggression, determination, togetherness......

I love it. Loved seeing us dominate and out-fight a hearts team that want to be where we are so much. Should have been a 5-0 game, but we've seen it so many times recently, teams want to sit in and/or get physical against us - we can handle it and still get the result.

Pass marks for everyone, McLean was the star pupil yet again.

Just watched the second half back as I missed it after heading out, KM had an absolute blinder yesterday.  So unlucky on a number of occasions, got battered by hearts but showed that he was the better player. The scoreline really flattered hearts.

Really enjoyable game.

Hearts shockingly poor after we scored.  Can't see Cathro being in charge for next season.

Cathro's nae even in charge now. He's a low paid fall guy.

Hearts were a disgrace. They had a good chance to go ahead and probably should have but as soon as we scored I could tell they were beaten. From them taking centre after we went 1-0 up it was just a case of how many more we'd score. Something I've seen a lot of from AFC in the past but is becoming a distant memory under DM McInnes.

Not everyone would agree with you!

Seems strange to have particularly picked out that quote, when I was far from the only person saying similar from the start of the season up to the cup final, but whatever makes you happy.

You could also have quoted me after last week's game where I said McLean was superb and should have been awarded MotM, but that obviously doesn't suit whatever agenda you've got this week.

For what it's worth i thought Kenny had a 'good' game on Sat but not as good as he was last week. On Sat it seemed our flair players like Johnny, Kenny and Niall were struggling to keep the ball under control.... pretty sure the pitch was to blame for that.

As someone else said earlier i thought the back 4 were all star men. Shay had a tremendous early goal saving tackle which he obviously followed up with his goal but the other 3 were equally as impressive. If pressured for a MOTM i'd have probably said O'Connor.

Kenny was a week late in collecting his champers in my opinion.