Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

O'Connor in midfield ?

He's played there a couple of times and didn't look up to it. Too slow and dithered a few times too. Wouldn't want him out of centre back position either, cause he's been great. The answer is to buy a midfielder in January, like we should have done in one of the last two windows.

Whilst I think he was signed with a view to being the midfield bruiser we so badly need, he didnt shine when played there early season and now he is just too dependable at centre back to try in a different position. Who becomes his regular partner is up for debate. Taylor is a bombscare, Reynolds  is powderpuff, Considong is played left back most of the time.

Jack isnt the answer either. Lacks the pace to get up and down the park and like Reynolds is just not physically imposing against  the really big barstewards that Fartz, Caley, even Celtic have.

Whilst I think he was signed with a view to being the midfield bruiser we so badly need, he didnt shine when played there early season and now he is just too dependable at centre back to try in a different position. Who becomes his regular partner is up for debate. Taylor is a bombscare, Reynolds  is powderpuff, Considong is played left back most of the time.

Jack isnt the answer either. Lacks the pace to get up and down the park and like Reynolds is just not physically imposing against  the really big barstewards that Fartz, Caley, even Celtic have.

For sure, Reynolds is defo powderpuff, for what its worth, despite a few scary moments i dont think Taylor is a bombscare & i think he is ok.

Jack seriously slows the game down though, when it is not needed.

Makes me laugh when ive heard certain managers this season saying we were "over physical".

Na

Best defender we have.

Why risk the security at the back for a midfield enforcer type we play well enough without.

Absolutely this. He's an integral part of our defence, I'd rather not risk a combo of Reynolds / consi / Taylor.

We need another o'connor in midfield.

Absolutely this. He's an integral part of our defence, I'd rather not risk a combo of Reynolds / consi / Taylor.

We need another o'connor in midfield.

I think  we saw the best defensive partnership we have on friday night, for a first time out as a pairing I thought Consi and AOC played really well together.  Great to see shinnie at FB again as well

As others have said, he's definitely demonstrated that CB is his best position, and that he has turned out to be the best we have in that position too.

I'm still bemused by the complete reversal of Reynolds, either he has been confronted by a sudden realisation of the prospect of his own mortality, or someone has cut all his hair off.

As others have said, he's definitely demonstrated that CB is his best position, and that he has turned out to be the best we have in that position too.

I'm still bemused by the complete reversal of Reynolds, either he has been confronted by a sudden realisation of the prospect of his own mortality, or someone has cut all his hair off.

It's not playing with Anderson who would tell him what to do imo.

Reynolds regression is alarming, never been the same player since long lay off & Scotland call up fiasco.

For sure, Reynolds is defo powderpuff, for what its worth, despite a few scary moments i dont think Taylor is a bombscare & i think he is ok.

You're either blind or tripping out your nut most Saturdays.

Taylor is fucking garbage.  Even worse than Reynolds who is god awful and hasn't looked like a player since Anderson was there to hold his hand.

If Taylor didn't play for the Dons i wouldn't cross the street to watch him play the game. Abysmal footballer.

You're either blind or tripping out your nut most Saturdays.

Taylor is fucking garbage.  Even worse than Reynolds who is god awful and hasn't looked like a player since Anderson was there to hold his hand.

If Taylor didn't play for the Dons i wouldn't cross the street to watch him play the game. Abysmal footballer.

Absolutely this, I genuinely can't get my head around folk rating Taylor, accident waiting to happen.

Reynolds regression is sad to watch too, he was superb alongside Anderson but is now a shadow of his former self. Time for a replacement I think.

Absolutely this... sook sook sook...

Here's the other one with another stupid username, the "capital city" being as good as English establishment.

Forget the fact he insulted a Dons fan. Forget the fact he's never tripped in his life.

You two are a couple of fucking beauts. It's better when you fuck off and stay fucked off. Poofs.

Here's the other one with another stupid username, the "capital city" being as good as English establishment.

Forget the fact he insulted a Dons fan. Forget the fact he's never tripped in his life.

You two are a couple of fucking beauts. It's better when you fuck off and stay fucked off. Poofs.

???

What's set you off this time?

Your 28 minute show of spontaneity reminds me why I liked NOT exchanging with you.

With a bunch of new posters on board, you decided to take cover and not to post. I liked that.

You're a fud min. And a total ring piece arse licker. IMHO.

Not that it's any of your business but I've not posted much in the public forum as I've been busy. If you must know I've enjoyed the recent traffic on the site, serves to hide the mixture of dull as fuck and insane ranting posts from a certain poster. :wave:

I fail to see how offering a completely valid opinion makes me a fud or what on earth that has to do with O'Connor but have a simmie for "total ring piece arse licker" you've finally posted something that raised a chuckle. Even if it is typically wide of the mark.

So if you've enjoyed not exchanging with me kindly piss off and stop exchanging...

Now off you fuck, beaut  :-*

Out of interest, how long does Reynolds have left on his deal? Taylor along with mclean, two of mcinnes' untouchables.

Think Reynolds is 2018, with Taylor 2017. But I could be wrong, and I'm not using the internet to check - fuck that. Think Reynolds will struggle to see out that period, which is a shame - I certainly don't think anyone would have argued with the long contract he was given, but perhaps there is a lesson there somewhere. I think Taylor will see out his contract and not be given another. If we're serious about McKenna coming through then one of them needs to make way at the end of the season at least. I still have high hopes for Morris.

You're a tragic old man.

O'Connor has not looked good when he has played in midfield but excellent in central defence. Thought he and Considine looked very good together on Friday and should continue as our central pairing even when the Taylor comes back. Cannot believe there are still Dons fans who think Taylor is anything other than an accident waiting to happen.