Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Milne leadership

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Milne has provided us with enough resources for us to expect a team capable of comfortably finishing in 3rd place (based on Hearts still being in self destruct mode).

Which they did. Now that they have done that we are yet again incapable of holding on to our best players. Whilst accepting that this is simple football economics (players who do well become wanted by other clubs), it would seem that we are now wage cutting despite the most successful season in so many years, both on and off the park.

It also seems pretty clear that the money available to replace players who are leaving the club in no way represents the money those players were on. Calderwood then has to try and polish a turd and recreate last season on, what is comparitively, buttons.

Miller et al have, in the same way that on occasion I and most here would like Calderwood, to accept a level of responsibility for this.

They don't.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he's moved from one club to another to work for him so he obviously rates JC.

All this "I want an apology" shite is a carry on anyway.  If he did come out and say he got it wrong then you'd be wanting him to do it every week.  Then after a few weekends on the bounce you'd be saying "see, even he's agreeing he's not up to it!".

I mean will you really sleep better at night if he admitted he fucked up?

I won't be waiting around for Darren Mackie to say sorry for all the sitters he's missed.

Well he's moved from one club to another to work for him so he obviously rates JC.

All this "I want an apology" shite is a carry on anyway.  If he did come out and say he got it wrong then you'd be wanting him to do it every week.  Then after a few weekends on the bounce you'd be saying "see, even he's agreeing he's not up to it!".

I mean will you really sleep better at night if he admitted he fucked up?

I won't be waiting around for Darren Mackie to say sorry for all the sitters he's missed.

I don't want him saying it every week. What I want is just a modicum of responsibility to be shown on his part. Is that really a lot to ask? I'd have about 100% more respect for him if he did that.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that even if he didn't come out and say he got it wrong, but just stopped ripping into the players I'd be a million times happier. We all have our limitations in life, and as far as football goes I am ready to admit our players and manager will perhaps always have greater limitations than we would all want them to have. I can deal with that. But it does not help anyone when he's ripping into the players after every defeat (and some victories too), and you surely can't possibly think that it does?

Why not?

It appears that some can do no right whilst some can do no wrong.  Just as some people need an arm round them whilst others respond better to a kick up the arse.  I can't recall Byrne, Young or Mackie getting pelters whereas Nicolson and Langfield have both had their share yet both are happy to work for the same man at different clubs.

As we're not performing at the moment, I'm all for dishing out a few hefty kicks up the collective arse.

Why not?

It appears that some can do no right whilst some can do no wrong.  Just as some people need an arm round them whilst others respond better to a kick up the arse.  I can't recall Byrne, Young or Mackie getting pelters whereas Nicolson and Langfield have both had their share yet both are happy to work for the same man at different clubs.

As we're not performing at the moment, I'm all for dishing out a few hefty kicks up the collective arse.

I couldn't possibly say though whether those guys ever got the sort of crap in the press at Dunfermline as they get here. Can you?

And as you say, it appears that some can do no right... begs the question, why continue to pick them then? There are other guys in the squad who could come in instead.

No, you're right, I couldn't possibly say what kind of press he gave them at Dunfermline.  But I'm willing to wager (and I'm not a betting man) there's be plenty quotes out there, after Dunfermline defeats, where he's given them some stick.

Just because he's telling them they are playing shite, doesn't mean that they are shite.

Anyway, if you're going to curl up and cry after being told "you could do better", "you had a shite game", "you couldn't tackle a fish supper" then I suggest you're not going to last 5 minutes on the park in front of the (so called) supporters.

If the players were that unhappy by it then they'd be putting their names out to agents and not because the club are trying to push them out to cash in.

How often are the players being slated anyway?  Nicolson twice for pulling out of tackles over the course of what, 3 or 4 seasons?

He must be fucking fumming.  :-\

No, it can't be because he's shite and fat and orange  ::)

Bilbo min, that was a shite post, I expected better from you, you could do so much better.

He must be fucking fumming.  :-\

Bilbo min, that was a shite post, I expected better from you, you could do so much better.

ST, that spelling is fucking atrocious!!

You should have been using firefox with it's inbuilt spellchecker.

And Bilbo can indeed do much better, he's proved that over the years but he knows how poor that was. The boy's gutted.

Not too clued up on money matters (maybe Slim can help) but I'm pretty sure there's tax breaks (or something) to be had if you're running a company that is bankrupt or in debt.

Personally I'd LOVE it if the banks called in the money they were due long before we had the chance to sell Pittodrie.  Just to force his hand and to see exactly what kind of fan he was.

I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing how AFC being in debt would help/affect Stewart Milne Homes.