Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Milne leadership

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

christ, get a grip (a lot of you) will you.

There's absolutley no doubting the business acumen of stewart milne (as he is a self made multi millionaire with one of the biggest independant house builders in the country) so no-one can bitch about how he runs a business (if you're better, then where's your millions???)

Without him personally, AFC would have had the administrators in a long time ago.  Without him, you would have no club to support (not that there's much supporting going on here).  The club was in dire straits before he came into the chairmans position (yes he conintued to spend more than was coming in - but this was necessary to try to keep up in the premier league then) but it's not all his debt that the club has.

There is a compromise to be made, and he's making it.  It's not a very popular compromise, but it's keeping our debt wolf from the door.  Maybe a 250k defender and a 300k forward wouldn't go astray, but then their wage demands would out of our strucutre.  

I can't be arsed typing anymore.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, having lived in one of Stewarty Milnes local developments for the past few years I can honestly say it's no bloody wonder AFC are a shambles! Talk about cutting corners! I dread to think what horrors lie behind my plasterboards. Probably stuffed with old wigs for insulation.

Well, having lived in one of Stewarty Milnes local developments for the past few years I can honestly say it's no bloody wonder AFC are a shambles! Talk about cutting corners! I dread to think what horrors lie behind my plasterboards. Probably stuffed with old wigs for insulation.

I'm just surprised you have plasterboard.

Do you have to tie it down in strong winds?  We are trying to buy just now and a warning on probs like that would be good!! :thumbsup:

Cost cutting then probably saved us form liquidation.....

Ok, fair enough, that was then and this is now.  For such an illustrious buisness leader such as himself, how come in that time our debt has INCREASED if he is such a buisness wizard.  We are actually more reliant on him now than we were then. He has us under his spell...

Is this the same Motherwell that cuff us (and anybody else given half a chance) at any given oppertunity?  Maybe a spell in the doldrums would shake a few folk into action then.  LIke Willie Miller said after the Copo game if a team is going down the pan and towards relegation all of a sudden, Directors spring magically into action and cash is found.  Why not prevent all the pain/suffering/torment and sackings and INVEST in the club and the team from the start?

Exactly.

The tagline seems to be that "nobody wants to buy us" but then unless I stick signs on my car windows that it's up for sale, then I'd be very surprised if anyone offers me cash for it.

"Ian Wood wouldn't buy us as he's a rugby fan" is another that gets trawled out.  But if you look at who is buying football clubs these days then chances are it's not going to be someone sitting in the stands from that neck of the woods anyway.  It's not as if our glorious leader is showing any signs of being the former.

Yeah we don't want to be ploughed into administration, just look at what happened to Motherwell.   ???

I re-read your post and got the tone after. Sorry.

Milne trawling out this pish that he will step aside if an offer was to come in is contemptable. Like you said, He actually needs to put his stake up for sale first for any would be buyers to be interested.

Do people actually think that Milne would put himself through a 15 year charade, pretending to be an Aberdeen fan, putting himself in the firing line and public eye in a negative way, just to get his hands on a msall piece of land at fucking Linksfield? He's got twice has big, 10 times as profitable pieces of land in places like Westhill and Bieldside coming out of his arse.

Milne has provided us with enough resources for us to expect a team capable of comfortably finishing in 3rd place (based on Hearts still being in self destruct mode). He's got Willie Miller in charge of overseeing the football operation, a man championed for the poisiton by the supporter's trust, another patron of the AFC Trust on the board of directors and he's got capable people running the other areas of the club.

I don't know what people expect him to do other than 'you're rich, give us money'. If you're unhappy with the product on the pitch, the buck stops firmly with Calderwood, he's the one who used all his budget signing half a dozen useless squad players to replace the quality players we've lost.

Do people actually think that Milne would put himself through a 15 year charade, pretending to be an Aberdeen fan, putting himself in the firing line and public eye in a negative way, just to get his hands on a msall piece of land at fucking Linksfield? He's got twice has big, 10 times as profitable pieces of land in places like Westhill and Bieldside coming out of his arse.

Milne has provided us with enough resources for us to expect a team capable of comfortably finishing in 3rd place (based on Hearts still being in self destruct mode). He's got Willie Miller in charge of overseeing the football operation, a man championed for the poisiton by the supporter's trust, another patron of the AFC Trust on the board of directors and he's got capable people running the other areas of the club.

I don't know what people expect him to do other than 'you're rich, give us money'. If you're unhappy with the product on the pitch, the buck stops firmly with Calderwood, he's the one who used all his budget signing half a dozen useless squad players to replace the quality players we've lost.

100% spot on. 

wiggy is a w@nker. the boy is one of richest men in britain with a few hundred mill in the bank and thats just his business money not his personal wealth, he's only hear to sell pittodrie and build homes on the land because it's worth a fortune, he's an arse

My fav subject is the way milne has brought this club down

All other rich chairmen plough money into there clubs you only need to look at

thompson at utd

brooks at gretna

murray at rangers

romanov at hearts etc etc

Sure it might not have done them all good but at least it brought some excitment to the clubs

milne has all these millions and i dont go along with the crap we must be self financing he at least could pay off our debt.

Answer this if you had a salary of over 2 million a year plus millions in the bank would you put something into the team you love..

milne = greedy bastard and i hate him but getting a replacement seems to big a job for aberdeen

why cant we look at some of the oil companies there must be money there even if its just sponsorship

or maybe donald trump might be interested as he is desparate to please the aberdeenshire community (you dont know till you ask)

Probably in a years time he will sponsor dundee or dundee utd and when asked why not aberdeen he will say they never asked  ;D

My fav subject is the way milne has brought this club down

All other rich chairmen plough money into there clubs you only need to look at

thompson at utd

brooks at gretna

murray at rangers

romanov at hearts etc etc

Sure it might not have done them all good but at least it brought some excitment to the clubs

milne has all these millions and i dont go along with the crap we must be self financing he at least could pay off our debt.

Answer this if you had a salary of over 2 million a year plus millions in the bank would you put something into the team you love..

milne = greedy bastard and i hate him but getting a replacement seems to big a job for aberdeen

why cant we look at some of the oil companies there must be money there even if its just sponsorship

or maybe donald trump might be interested as he is desparate to please the aberdeenshire community (you dont know till you ask)

Probably in a years time he will sponsor dundee or dundee utd and when asked why not aberdeen he will say they never asked  ;D

I agree with that. No harm in asking. You don't ask, you don't get. Quite simple really.

I seem to remember that it wasn't too long ago that a consortium of businessmen existed that were determined to oust Milne and Co from the club.

From memory, Willie Miller, Jim Cummings and then-CE Dave Cormack were ready to push Milne aside and, presumably had the cash to back up their promises. Now, I presume that Cummings and Cormack are still Dons-daft. There's no questioning whether Miller is or not.

Would it be too difficult for these guys to resurrect this consortium? I was excited as hell when I heard about the consortium. Cormack was probably the most forward thinking board member we've had at the club since Richard Donald himself. But Milne got wind of the Consortium and ... well, the old "family reasons" excuse came out of Cormack. Cummings was not as well off as Milne ... but he still had a whack of cash in his back pocket. And Miller ... well I'm not quite sure what Miller would do apart from be the public face of AFC.

I'm still not quite sure what Willie Miller does at the club, as the youth system is going backwards, the scouting network is almost non-existent and we're still no further forward in getting decent training facilities for the squad ... other than still playing that old song of hitching a ride from that fictional magic carpet known as the "Community Stadium". For being Director Of Football for the past three years, he's not really steered the footballing side of the business in any positive way. Perhaps he is really only good at being a defender, because his time as AFC Manager and AFC Director of Football haven't really been that successful.

Sure, we're still in the UEFA Cup and the Scottish Cup. But who here believes we can get past Celtic or Bayern? And who here believes we can realistically close the gap above us? Motherwell are five points ahead of us with three games in hand. And despite losing Robson, United still don't look too shabby. The only club who have lost ground since the turn of the year is us. We've lost players, we've lost our drive, our manager has lost his motivation and the fans have lost patience.

Time for sweeping changes, I believe. Hats of to JC for taking us this far. But I sincerely believe he's now out of his league when it comes to taking Aberdeen to the next level. We need a coach who has experienced management at a level that's above Aberdeen. Instead of having Aberdeen punch above their level, we need a manager who can bring Aberdeen up to his level. We need to start thinking OUTSIDE the current merrygoround of managers.

Milne ain't gonna do that. Milne's too busy trying to service the debt that his mistakes made. We need someone who's gonna run the football club as a football club ... not a building firm. Someone who has experiece with different businesses. Dare I say it, a Trump-type figure. And with all but a couple of our first team players signed up on long-term contract, now is the time to sell and make some cash from our misfiring squad and invest the money in decent players who can actually get motivated for a run-of-the-mill match ... not just turn it on for when Europe's big-guns visit town.

But something needs to be done at Pittodrie from the top all the way down to the bottom. Pittodrie has gone stale. The chairman is boring. The manager is boring. The players are boring. The fans are bored. Things are very stale at Pittodrie just now, and something needs to be done

The only club who have lost ground since the turn of the year is us. We've lost players, we've lost our drive, our manager has lost his motivation and the fans have lost patience.

Ask yourself why this is.

Time for sweeping changes, I believe. Hats of to JC for taking us this far. But I sincerely believe he's now out of his league when it comes to taking Aberdeen to the next level.

Close, but no cigar.

I know I'm close but don't qualify for a cigar. Because the real answer to all of these lies at the very very top. The top needs to be changed. But I do not believe a change at the top would produce any better product on the park with what we've got. A change at the top is required, without a doubt. But JC really has taken us as far as he can go.

A new chairman is required. A new board is required. And a new manager is required. Easier said than done, though

Got to agree 100% with this post Slim. In my opinon you have perfectly summed up the position currently at AFC. Lets not forget that Milne's family were subjected to flak not that long ago at a game. think it was after this that we took Miller back on board, and Wiggy faded into the background.

On as personal note, if I won the euro millions lottery, would you all expect me to chuck my fortune into AFC, as there are not many more passionate AFc supporters than me and mine.

Football clubs must be run as a business, nothing more, nothing less.

Got to agree 100% with this post Slim. In my opinon youhave perfectly summed up the position currently at AFC. Lets not forget that Milne's were subjected to flak not that long ago at a game. think it was after this that we took Miller back on board, and Wiggy faded into the background.

On as personal note, if I won the euro millions lottery, would you all expect me to chuck my fortune into AFC, as there are not many more passionate AFc supporters than me and mine.

Football clubs must be run as a business, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't agree with him at all.

His logic states that because we spend the 4th highest amount of money we should finish third (?) but he's already decided before the end of the season that isn't going to happen.

Hi ssimple money calculation also ignores any things that can happen in football, injuries, luck, back room issues etc, that can change situations. However he has conveniently allowed the Hearts situation to impact his calculation to help his point.

We might finish 4th or maybe 7th but that pales into insignificance against Milne making us insolvent.

I don't think anyone truely believes that Milne is just after the land.  As you've said, there's plenty other sites around Aberdeen that he won't have to wait in excess of 10 years to lay is grubby mitts on.

One thing I do believe though is that us being in debt is good for him.  By some he's seen as untouchable as he's securing the debt but then he's also scaring off any other potential buyers.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not some sort of way to make his own company more money by having the club stuck in millions of debt.