Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Rangers after Langfield

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efan_ekoku

I just had an email from a Hearts fan telling me the same. Hope it's true. Jimmy, please let him go, please. Get some money and sign someone who can kick a ball, catch a cross and all the rest

Whilst its unhealthy I'm going to take this one with an extremely large pinch of salt  ::)

Not doubting the existance of said article in the rag, just the fact that there probably isn't a single shred of truth in it. Do they quote anyone connected with the Huns within the article.

Anyway according to the equally fine publication known as the Sunday Mail, I thought Wattie had set his sights upon getting Stillie in from the Arabs  ;)

Guest efan_ekoku

This is complete rubbish going by EE quotes. All they have is that Walter Smith wants another keeper as they only have McGregor. JC was on the EE yesterday saying he's not leaving but I hope that would be just to try and get another £100k or so on his price if there is genuine interest and he does leave

I think Langfield is a decent keeper. His late save against Motherwell showed exactly what he is good at. The fact is that we cant get a better goalkeeper within the price range we can afford. What people should take note of here is this is also the price range Rangers can now afford. They will still offer better wages than us, but the days of them signing Champions League winners are long gone.

i'd happily replace him with:

SILKEBORG IF fans favourite

David_Preece_2.jpg

Whilst i think some of the criticism directed at Langfield is over the top, I have to admit that i was a big fan of Preece and disappointed that we saw fit to let him go. Don't think there was any doubt that Preece liked being at Pittodrie, after all did he not take a pay cut at one point to stay on  ???

Guest Johnny Mac

Come on people.

Preece was terrible.

We got minced 6 and 7-0 against the Tims ALL the time when he was between the sticks (can't be all the defences fault).

Peter Kyaer (or however you spell it) was our last quality keeper.

Guest efan_ekoku

Come on people.

Preece was terrible.

We got minced 6 and 7-0 against the Tims ALL the time when he was between the sticks (can't be all the defences fault).

Bit harsh on Preece. I remember him pulling off a number of very good saves in those games. Could have been worse

Come on people.

Preece was terrible.

Bit harsh on Preece. I remember him pulling off a number of very good saves in those games. Could have been worse

Unless I'm mistaken the 7-0 at the Tattiebowl resulted in Preece finishing the game with concussion and also getting the MOTM award that day.

Preecey was okay. Nothing more than that.

As Johnny Mac suggested earlier, Kjaer has been the only real goalie we've had of recent times who's been "good". He was old and fat ... but he was phenomenally acrobatic and commanded his area well. And he came off his line, which is something that plagued Preece.

Guest Johnny Mac

I remember that. Surely a sympathy vote though  ;)

Don't think so, seem to remember him pulling off a right few good saves that day.

Aye, i remeber the match. I just think he was a pretty terrible keeper.

Just my opinion though.

:)

Guest unbezonker

Preece was average at best. I hate it when people turn 'cult' or 'amusing' figures into amazing players in their head.  I would cry if we got Preece back but fair play to him for taking a wage cut etc.

As for Langfield I think if we could get money for him then we should punt him but is there anyone one better we can get......I doubt it.

Preece was average at best. I hate it when people turn 'cult' or 'amusing' figures into amazing players in their head.  I would cry if we got Preece back but fair play to him for taking a wage cut etc.

As for Langfield I think if we could get money for him then we should punt him but is there anyone one better we can get......I doubt it.

If we can both make money on the deals and replace him with better then yeah, go for it

BUT I want to see us make money over BOTH deals, not get, say £100K for him then spend that and more on signing fees, wages, scouting, agents etc.

If we're going to be out of pocket at all then I say keep him!