Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What are you listening to?

Kowalski

I'll quite possibly get slaughtered for this but......

Not on YouTube so no linky

Thanks to an unused Amazon card I've has for almost 2 years I bought (along with other stuff) B A Robertson's first two albums, "Initial Success" and "Bully for You". Music from my younger days, fair takes me back!

I'll quite possibly get slaughtered for this but......

Not on YouTube so no linky

Thanks to an unused Amazon card I've has for almost 2 years I bought (along with other stuff) B A Robertson's first two albums, "Initial Success" and "Bully for You". Music from my younger days, fair takes me back!

Bang Bang MBT ;)

I see Kimbra and Azniv Korkejian as being hugely talented female artists but other than this, I see no any other correlation. I'm not sure what my "comfort zone" is, musically. In fact I'm pretty sure I don't have one. Good art is good art and therefore for sharing.

6 music introduced me to Bedouine. I think she'll be huge. Talent this big usually is.

My comfort zone would be blues/rock but always looking for something different.Will give Azniv a check.If you like Bedouine,you may also like Laura Marling,or this fine farmers daughter,Anais Mitchell

....in small doses though, sensitive wifie music quickly gets irritating..... 

Talking about "blasts from the past", what about Depeche Mode?

I was never into them back in the 80's but the 2017 model is the best new music I've heard for years.

Violator is an absolutely superb album.

I like their new album, not listened to it a great deal though, need to give it another spin this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Been going a long way back with music in recent months, I tend to find it's a lot better than anything modern.

For example, The Hollies, some of their stuff is pretty good ( Air That I Breathe, Long Cool Woman, Lucy etc.. ) and by fuck The Everly Brothers could definitely sing and harmonise like no-one else!

Always looking for bands or singers I am not familiar with, so any recommendations based on the above mentioned would be appreciated, and please, no-one say The Beatles!

Been going a long way back with music in recent months, I tend to find it's a lot better than anything modern.

For example, The Hollies, some of their stuff is pretty good ( Air That I Breathe, Long Cool Woman, Lucy etc.. ) and by fuck The Everly Brothers could definitely sing and harmonise like no-one else!

Always looking for bands or singers I am not familiar with, so any recommendations based on the above mentioned would be appreciated, and please, no-one say The Beatles!

Agree the Hollies and Everlys were gifted artists.

This isn't most people's cup of tea but he's one of my all time fav musicians.

https://youtu.be/vGpwgHqlfWo

• 4 weeks later...

Was up at mother's earlier in summer. Old man died in 83 not long after Gothenburg anyway she's getting on a bit and not in best of health so  I had a look at the record collection that will be split between my younger brother and I when she does leave this mortal coil. Found a Vinegar Joe LP from 1973....Six Star General. Had heard of them as being the band that launched Elkie Brooks and Robert Palmer but never heard any of their stuff. Anyway this choon was first on side 1 and blew me away. And when I found it on You tube Elkie Brooks also blew me away....my only real memory of her was singing Lilac Wine whilst heavily pregnant....

https://youtu.be/5RChOQXji7o

Found this recently also, like it very much, also, the lead singer looks scarily like my better half's sisters man. Shame really, cause her sister is the better looking one and I very much would  :laughing:

Have loved that song for many a year Kenny.

Marmalade were actually the first ever Scottish band to have a number one in the UK charts.

Given the fact that they're Scottish maybe it is who you think it is, but your brother in law must be knocking on a bit now ;)

Well I'm a huge Beatles fan haha.

However, have you heard Simon and Garfunkels, Live in Central Park?

Some absolute belters on that album.

I remember watching it live on bbc1 I think.

They cover a couple of Everly brothers tunes too.

Highly recommended beautiful singing.

Would've fucking loved to have seen it live smoking a J.

Well I'm a huge Beatles fan haha.

However, have you heard Simon and Garfunkels, Live in Central Park?

Some absolute belters on that album.

I remember watching it live on bbc1 I think.

They cover a couple of Everly brothers tunes too.

Highly recommended beautiful singing.

Would've fucking loved to have seen it live smoking a J.

Sorry Nips, but I'm just one of those people that never " got " the Beatles.

Simon & Garfunkel though, yeah, absolutely a fan.