Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What are you listening to?

Kowalski

That Hurt is a brilliant song and video manc, by one of my all time favourite artists. Cash was a genius.

I'm listening to Lauren Laverne on BBC Radio 6, my favourite DJ. Almost everything she plays hits my spots. Love her.

Not sure why but I've never warmed to her. I always like nemone who stands in for her on the school holidays. But I think it's more to do with her music taste than anything else. Nemone is more on the lines of what I like.

Not sure why but I've never warmed to her. I always like nemone who stands in for her on the school holidays. But I think it's more to do with her music taste than anything else. Nemone is more on the lines of what I like.

I like Lauren, but don't often get the chance to hear her. I usually only get to hear Lamaqc and Marc Riley during the week, listen to 6 music much more during the weekend. The only DJs I really don't like on 6 are Cerys and Giles Peterson. I usually avoid their shows

Was never a fan of Johnny Cash until his later years when he did that stripped down stuff as above.Hairs on the back of the neck time.

Cerys Matthews,am not sure what it is about her,her accent,or the exaggeration of it,or being slightly up her own backside? Canna listen to her.Mark Riley is someone I would want to listen to,if it wasnt for his taste in music    :-\

its a job finding decent new music,to avoid going back to the old catalogue...again

Was never a fan of Johnny Cash until his later years when he did that stripped down stuff as above.Hairs on the back of the neck time.

Cerys Matthews,am not sure what it is about her,her accent,or the exaggeration of it,or being slightly up her own backside? Canna listen to her.Mark Riley is someone I would want to listen to,if it wasnt for his taste in music    :-\

its a job finding decent new music,to avoid going back to the old catalogue...again

Riley is superb. I cannot say I like all the music he plays but he does turn up some gems and is a great outlet for new bands to get airplay

I've enjoyed listening to Johnny Cash ever since I saw "Walk The Line" aboot 15 years ago. Not many Cash songs that I don't like. From the very first stuff to the last stuff. Hurt was probably the first song I'd heard of his. Cash was really good at reinventing songs of other people in his later years.

I've enjoyed listening to Johnny Cash ever since I saw "Walk The Line" aboot 15 years ago. Not many Cash songs that I don't like. From the very first stuff to the last stuff. Hurt was probably the first song I'd heard of his. Cash was really good at reinventing songs of other people in his later years.

Christ, i've just checked, 12 years ago, doesn't feel like it's been that long at all  :o

The Dylans and Cashies of this world are too depressing for me I'm afraid.

Don't get me started on the over hyped joy division...feck aff!

Don't have the link but what a fucking choon this is from the late 70s.

Much respect for this forgotten gem of a singer and I think the first ever artist to have a rap song at no.1 (white too lol)

Blonde- Slow Motion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not that keen on LL either. Takes herself a bit too seriously. Shaun Keaveny is a star though. Very funny and has good taste.

Been listening to the first Supergrass album, I should Coco a lot recently. Splendid

• 3 weeks later...

Not that keen on LL either. Takes herself a bit too seriously. Shaun Keaveny is a star though. Very funny and has good taste.

Been listening to the first Supergrass album, I should Coco a lot recently. Splendid

Superb album, not listened to that in ages, may whack that on this afternoon  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Radcliffe and Maconie's 6music show was broadcast from the British Music Experience in Liverpool last week, Thursday I think. They had a few Merseyside musicians on talking including James Skelly from the Coral, She Drew The Gun, Mick Head from Shack and a fantastic set from OMD. They played Electricity. It was sublime.

If youre admitting listening to that  ;),I'll admit to liking this.Way out my comfort zone ...

I see Kimbra and Azniv Korkejian as being hugely talented female artists but other than this, I see no any other correlation. I'm not sure what my "comfort zone" is, musically. In fact I'm pretty sure I don't have one. Good art is good art and therefore for sharing.

6 music introduced me to Bedouine. I think she'll be huge. Talent this big usually is.