Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What are you listening to?

Kowalski

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking hell lads, stumbled across this earlier today.

Got to confess knew nothing of King Curtis.

If there was one instrument I wish I could play it would be the saxophone.

As one of the comments on YouTube video says

"Lucky lucky bastards that saw this live"

As a 50 something male, i probably shouldn't BUT

I fucking love this track

To be fair Al, it wasn't that bad!

I am in a Chris Isaak mood, I mind when Phoenixx ( The Legend ) replied to a Chris Isaak post I made  a fair while ago, possibly on another forum? Saying he liked Chris Isaak and that he cut a good Jib ( I think was the phrase he used ) so this is for him  :beers:

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to 6 music. As usual. Lauren has an interesting guest on just now, Dr Hannah Fry, the girl with the unfeasibly coloured hair. She's talking about shrinkflation and how Creme Eggs and Kit Kats etc. have factually been reduced in size as the establishment seeks to make even more money out of us. She's on about fruit flies and spontaneous generation now, a tandem coming out of their discussion about Tate & Lyle's Golden Syrup but the rubric of all this talk is how numbers and mathematics are all around us, in everything.

This reminds me of a conversation with my youngest a few days ago. Disregarding modernly-advised parental convention about the need to always encourage and never criticise, she's what I call a numbers nugget. In response to one of my frequent (and often cruelly-framed) attacks, she said "maths is just a concept" and I retorted with "maths is just a construct... of man". Fortunately with her intellect and debating skills being so base and underdeveloped, she was unable to even see the error of my ways, far less express it to humiliate me greater than I humiliate her.