Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

THE DONSTALK BOOK CLUB

Kowalski

Gave in and bought the game of thrones set for reading offshore.Half way through first book and enjoying the bits the tv series misses out.

You got the four books for 16.99 euros off the gopgle book app if anyone is intrested .The author is called the American Tolkien so he has alot to live up too. Anyway so far so good :thumbsup:

Talking about books. Does anyone use a Kindle? I've had one for a few months now and I'm pleasantly surprised how good it is. I used to be one of the old" only real books for me!! " School.

I'm still like that tho I can't fit my latest Game of Thrones into my handbag which is causing me problems!!

I love digital reading, I even hear that you can download them for free without paying for them like you can do with music and film etc

Obviously I would NEVER do that

That's brilliant. Soon there will be no tv, books, films or games if things carry on but you saved a tenner or something. Just spend money on buying things legally FFS.

I'm still like that tho I can't fit my latest Game of Thrones into my handbag which is causing me problems!!

Gies a shout Hebrew, my missus must have at least two dozen that you could pick from to borrow that would be more than large enough to carry a copy of any book  ;)

Reading the new SAF book. I will be interested in what others think of it. It's changed my view of him....

Just started it the other night, so it's early days yet.

I can see its not really his whole autobiography though, seems to have jumped on a fair bit already.  Cannae mind if I read his first book or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Just started it the other night, so it's early days yet.

I can see its not really his whole autobiography though, seems to have jumped on a fair bit already.  Cannae mind if I read his first book or not.

Imagine if within days of it being released, some kind soul sent me an e copy of Fergie's book free of charge.

Think poor Andrew would combust if that happened  ;)

Imagine if within days of it being released, some kind soul sent me an e copy of Fergie's book free of charge.

Think poor Andrew would combust if that happened  ;)

Too right. If you ever own a shop I am going to come round and steal everything. Stealing property rights is the same as stealing assets.

Anyway on the book front just finished crime and punishment and it was a really nice happy ending on what is thoroughly depressing novel. Put me in a really good.

Too right. If you ever own a shop I am going to come round and steal everything. Stealing property rights is the same as stealing assets.

And there in lies the difference Andrew......

Did I commit the crime of theft by someone sending me something uninvited....think not, but if you come round to my premises intent on stealing what is mine, then that is very different.

Should also highlight, that you're likely to get your head caved in as well son, as I defend myself and my property  :-*

It should be illegal. With the further deteriorating of intellectual property rights because people can't be fucked to pay £7-8 for books, cds or films these things will just stop being made. We will start to see a world where, because of theft, there will be too small an incentive so the inventors and creators disappear. When the arts have gone I hope you glad you saved a few quid on not buying that book or cd.

Also when do I stop becoming "young Andrew". I've been posting on here for five years now and I still have not shrugged off that label. :(