Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

THE DONSTALK BOOK CLUB

Kowalski

• 2 weeks later...

WTF lingering half way down page two on here.......

BUMP

finished yet another of Sebastian Faulkes books. Guy is a fecking great writer. However now on to "The Damned United" telling the story of Brian Clough's forty four days in charge of Leeds Utd. Really interesting read, well written and helped by the fact that I remember all the players talked about.

Just finished Brutal Art - Jesse Kellerman not a bad read

A Damned United is just ok - i will be checking out the film however.

Bought two new bookcases so while transferring over from new to old found some tremednous books i've bought and buried for reading later - good times.

Just finished Gold by Dan Rhodes - not as good as Timoleon Vieta Come Home but still worth the read.

And as the Aye Write festival is in full swing in the office i've been handed James Kelman - Kieron Smith Boy and Mark Mcnay - Under Control to read.  If there any good i'll get the other four on the shortlist. 

Just started Flesh House by Stuart MacBride.

Going to start it tonight.

I started reading this the other night as well. Only about 150 pages into it so far, but finding it a little bit slow so far. Hopefully the pace picks up as I get further into it

Finished it last and I wasn't too impressed it.  I think its the poorest of his books and he seemed to try and do a bit too much with the story this time.  By the end I thought it was bordering on complete nonsense!

Now reading "Terry Pratchett - The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld"

Just finished Ice Hunt, a 'thriller' about Russians, heroic Americans, human experimentation and savage, walking whales.

It was terribad.

Also just wrapped up Ringworld, a sci-fi tale about two humans, a talking tiger and an alien that behaves like a tortoise.

It was terribad.

Right now I'm writing a little fan fiction, and I assure you it's going to be awesome.

Finished it last and I wasn't too impressed it.  I think its the poorest of his books and he seemed to try and do a bit too much with the story this time.  By the end I thought it was bordering on complete nonsense!

Now reading "Terry Pratchett - The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld"

I have around 30 Discworld books, both audio and text.. and they get progressively worse as the series goes on. Anything after the first ten just isn't funny, interesting or creative. He needs to stop writing Discworld books now, he really does.

Just finished Ice Hunt, a 'thriller' about Russians, heroic Americans, human experimentation and savage, walking whales.

It was terribad.

Also just wrapped up Ringworld, a sci-fi tale about two humans, a talking tiger and an alien that behaves like a tortoise.

It was terribad.

Right now I'm writing a little fan fiction, and I assure you it's going to be awesome.

I have around 30 Discworld books, both audio and text.. and they get progressively worse as the series goes on. Anything after the first ten just isn't funny, interesting or creative. He needs to stop writing Discworld books now, he really does.

I'm surprised he remembers where he put his pen these days ;D

While waiting in the ariport the other day for someone to arrive, I came across this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2666-Roberto-Bolano/dp/0330447424/ref=pd_ts_b_55?ie=UTF8&s=books

Anyone attempted it? Think I may give it a go.

ooohhh I am intreaged Kelt if its as good as some oh yer posts ! ;)

Gonna gee us a snipet then ?

I might consider posting a wee preview at some point, then again I might no  ;D

If you're really lucky/unfortunate you might find a piece of fan fiction online that I did a few years ago... a one page Strontium Dog script, inked by 2000ad artist P.J. Holden. I posted the script for a laugh, and he inked and published it. It's called 'The Day The Dog Died'... but aside from a few references online it seems to have gone the way of all my great works  ;)

an anthology of short comics stories from 1999 to 2007 all illustrated by PJ and featuring a number of writers, including Jaspre Barke (the excellent Stripped Bare strips), Jason Cobley, Kelt and a fellow 2000 AD regular, Gordon Rennie.

If I have a copy on my HD I'll mebbes post it.

Double ost to get attention to your literacy prowess Kelt ???

We already have a resident author on board, so you'll need to go some to knock him of his pedestal ;)

I was working on a little Aberdeen Fan Fiction over the Christmas holidays, but didn't get the graphics finished although the story is completed. I was also working on the trailer, which also never got finished before I had to start earning a living again, though I'm hoping I'll soon have a little extra time to finish it.. however my Donstalk 09 Season is hogging much of my free posting minutes.

Anyway, here's the unfinished trailer previewing How The Milnch Fucked Aberdeen.

Enjoy what there is of it  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0kl50puuYA