Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Yes city vs Aberdeen

First time making a match thread. This place is dead...

Didn't realise it was sold out. Was going to go down tomorrow to buy tickets. Cash turnstiles only in the main stand. Hopefully 1k don't go down on the day.

In(hopefully)

City centre

Main Stand

Town

4-3 Pawlett

Out (as per)

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

2-1, Goodwillie

Hopefully our defence will have had a good look at itself after Tuesdays debacle. Langfield included. There is no way we should be losing 3 points having been two up.

We only dropped two but I get your point. Hope we stick with 4-4-2 but as said pre Tuesdays game swap Robson for Low in the middle. Would also put Considine in for Taylor at centre half.

In

Bar in town

Away stand behind the goal.

Bar in town for a couple.

4-0 Dons Rooney and my Dundee supporting brother not speak to me for a month.

I reckon he'll revert to one up front, and I hope it's Rooney. Goodwillie has been showing some good work recently but he just doesn't have Rooney's eye for goal.  In saying that, I'd prefer 4-4-2 as well.

Langfield should be dropped. No point in McInnes signing Brown if he isn't going to trust him.

I think Taylor is playing ahead of Considine because McInnes doesn't fancy two left footers at CH, I'd give it a go though.

I reckon he'll revert to one up front, and I hope it's Rooney. Goodwillie has been showing some good work recently but he just doesn't have Rooney's eye for goal.  In saying that, I'd prefer 4-4-2 as well.

Langfield should be dropped. No point in McInnes signing Brown if he isn't going to trust him.

I think Taylor is playing ahead of Considine because McInnes doesn't fancy two left footers at CH, I'd give it a go though.

I actually read (in the retard) that this may encourage DM to return to the 4-5-1 system.  I really hope we don't because we've been playing much nicer football with 4-4-2.  Agree re: Langfield, I do think he's much improved, but he needs to know he needs to fight for his place. Two costly mistakes in two games.

Nice spot Jute, it was too early for me, my eyes were open yet (quiet at the back).

Out.

Roma.

Couldn't give a fuck.

Milne is a cunt.

He allowed Langfield to get a wage for a decade.

He paid Calderwood wages that nae cunt else would pay him.

He employed Willie Miller in an inappropriate role.

He failed to deliver a training facility.

He reduced shareholder rights to buy tickets.

Fuck you Milne. Only turned up for Ross County game cos it was a freebie all day sesh hospitality number.

I've given you tens of thousands of my dough. You took the piss. Fuck you fool.

A few folk I have spoken to in recent times seem to think differently, but every time I see Taylor. He scares the fuck out of me. Much like consi.

Agreed. The lad doesn't look comfortable on the ball and is quite cumbersome. The sooner Anderson is back the better.

All in all a decent win yesterday, some cracking attacking fitba. I reckon the defence will shore up when Anderson returns.

Signing a left back in january has to be a priority for McInnes. Considine isn't a full back and I'd much rather he was played at centre half instead of Taylor, Hayes is wasted when played there too IMO.

Not sure where that leaves us when Anderson returns but we can't afford to keep conceding 2 goals every game.

How did Clangers not get himself behind that 47 yard strike? ??? Fucking baffling. Baffling how he's still untouchable in our goal.

Thank fuck we managed to outscore them. Delighted to see Goodwillie scoring the winner after getting abuse. :D

How did Clangers not get himself behind that 47 yard strike? ??? Fucking baffling. Baffling how he's still untouchable in our goal.

Thank fuck we managed to outscore them. Delighted to see Goodwillie scoring the winner after getting abuse. :D

Incredibly poor keeper. Watch his feet whenever a shot or cross comes in, he's all over the shop

Incredibly poor keeper. Watch his feet whenever a shot or cross comes in, he's all over the shop

Does make you wonder why we keep signing keepers that aren't up to providing him with competition? Bearing in mind that he does seem to be untouchable.

Game against Hamilton is huge, really can't take them lightly. We need everyone to have their head screwed on. When is ando due back?

Does make you wonder why we keep signing keepers that aren't up to providing him with competition? Bearing in mind that he does seem to be untouchable.

Game against Hamilton is huge, really can't take them lightly. We need everyone to have their head screwed on. When is ando due back?

I'm worried that he won't come back. Shocking that we're still so reliant on a 35 year old.

And we don't sign decent back up keepers for 2 reasons. 1) No decent, self respecting keeper is willing to come to us to be Langfield's understudy. and 2) They're certainly not going to be willing to do it for the peanuts that we'd be offering.

One of his big problems is that he doesn't move his feet at all. Whether that's at crosses or long range shots, he doesn't seem to realise that if he moves his feet he can get himself into a better position for stopping the shot or - heaven forbid - collecting a cross in the unlikely event he has actually come off his line for a change.

I said over the course of last season and this that Anderson is our best defender by a long way. As good as Reynolds is, he is clearly a better defender with Anderson next to him.  One thing which is clear watching Anderson is that he does not trust Langfield - whether that is with passes back to him or how deep he will go to defend crosses and corner kicks - he knows his keeper will never come for anything.  Perhaps if Taylor settles into that mindset he'll get on better.

One of his big problems is that he doesn't move his feet at all. Whether that's at crosses or long range shots, he doesn't seem to realise that if he moves his feet he can get himself into a better position for stopping the shot or - heaven forbid - collecting a cross in the unlikely event he has actually come off his line for a change.

I said over the course of last season and this that Anderson is our best defender by a long way. As good as Reynolds is, he is clearly a better defender with Anderson next to him.  One thing which is clear watching Anderson is that he does not trust Langfield - whether that is with passes back to him or how deep he will go to defend crosses and corner kicks - he knows his keeper will never come for anything.  Perhaps if Taylor settles into that mindset he'll get on better.

Perhaps if Taylor stops passing the ball to the opposition in and around our box he might do better.