Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Fans Favourite...

Looking at the current squad and don't think there are many 'cult heroes' at the moment...

I remember in the 90s we had Rico, Shearer, and then we had the likes of Deano... Then there were, to a lesser extent, Andy Dow, Rachid Belabed and Paul Sheerin...

Who's your all-time Aberdeen 'cult-hero'?

Duncan Shearer, Hans Gillhaus, Jim Bett, Charlie Nick are not cult heroes. They're just heroes.

A cult hero would be more someone who wasn't really recognised as a hero outwith those who followed the club. Lee Richardson and Doug Rougvie are good shouts, though.

I did kinda think that after I jumped in but then surely neither is Deano or Shearer?

I did kinda think that after I jumped in but then surely neither is Deano or Shearer?

Sorry, but what Shearer did for us and what Windass did for us is entirely different.

People seem to think Windass was some amazing player. He wasn't. He was a good player. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Shearer was the best penalty box striker we'd had since Frankie Mac.

I'd say Windass was a cult hero. Shearer? nope. Bona fide hero? absolutely.

Sorry, but what Shearer did for us and what Windass did for us is entirely different.

People seem to think Windass was some amazing player. He wasn't. He was a good player. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Shearer was the best penalty box striker we'd had since Frankie Mac.

I'd say Windass was a cult hero. Shearer? nope. Bona fide hero? absolutely.

Totally agree, two entirely different things in my opinion

Eh? Where did I say they were the same type of player? Shearer you've said is a bona fide hero, but Windass isn't? I never claimed he was a "great" either but lets face it he's done more since leaving, than any other of our players, over the last fifteen years, did in their entire career. I'm sure he was a hero at Hull, Bradford, Oxford, and Boro so to say he's not a hero to anyone outwith this club is also a bit wide of the mark.

Eh? Where did I say they were the same type of player? Shearer you've said is a bona fide hero, but Windass isn't? I never claimed he was a "great" either but lets face it he's done more since leaving, than any other of our players, over the last fifteen years, did in their entire career. I'm sure he was a hero at Hull, Bradford, Oxford, and Boro so to say he's not a hero to anyone outwith this club is also a bit wide of the mark.

What????

So now we have to praise our ex players on what they did at other clubs?? I don't fucking think so.

Read my post again. I think you have the wrong end of the stick. You possibly have the wrong stick altogether.