Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next Aberdeen Manager

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bookies odds

Derek Adams   6/4

Craig Levein   7/1

Billy Stark   8/1

Derek McInnes   8/1

Alex McLeish   9/1

Paul Hartley   10/1

Allan Moore   12/1

Mixu Paatelainen   12/1

Eric Black   14/1

Allan Johnston   16/1

John Collins   16/1

Kenny Shiels   16/1

Phil Brown   20/1

Scott Booth   20/1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna get slated for this probably but would would take Dek Adams....

Not going to slate you for it, but far from convinced about Adams being the right man for the job. I'm with Kowalski (fucking hell must stop agreeing with him all the time) in that if Avril gets it, then my Saturdays are taken care of.

Golf will win every single week.

I would like Adams, as I have said on here before I  get a lot of inside info on how things work at county  through a  good friend who's heavily involved with the club and I  really like how he goes about his business. already spoken to that person and I  wouldn't go sticking your life savings  on DA  leaving county just yet

also, and I'm sure I will be slated for  this, I  wouldn't have an issue with Levien  getting the job.  He has a  good record at spl level.

FFS...consider yourself slated.

Few months of that and you'd be screaming for Broon to get the job back and play one up front at home ;)

also, and I'm sure I will be slated for  this, I  wouldn't have an issue with Levien  getting the job.  He has a  good record at spl level.

I would have taken him before the Scotland debacle tbh be honest. But I now don't want him anywhere near oor club. He plays fucking horrible football.

I also think it will be Hartley. Not especially keen on him like. Nor Deek Adams or McInnes.

We should think outside the box and go managerless for a while and let the players manage themselves.  :doh:

Not sure why folk are so keen on Hartley but not Adams.

If Hartley hadn't played a handful of games for us he wouldn't even feature.  Is going to come a poor second in the 2nd Div with an Alloa team that is having money thrown at it (in relative terms). He's been a manager for less than a season and hasn't done a huge amount to convince he'll be a great appointment.

Adams on the other hand has guided County to a runaway Championship in Div One and looks to have secured top6 with even Europe being discussed as a potential.  He also got County to a Cup Final (what ever that is) and has several years of experience and progression under his belt.

I don't want Avril but he'd be a safe option at least, think we'd do ok results wise under his leadership, might not be pretty though.

Adams would frighten me a bit, but he talks well and has done really well at County.

Wouldn't be against Hartley, Black or McInnes. Don't think McLeish would take it.

Tbh my first pick would be a Donstalk committee running the club, but I notice we're not even short listed by the bookies. =(

Far's thon Stuart Baxter these days? ;D

I'd rather not have Levein, as much as anything because of all the negativity around him in Scottish football at the moment....don't think he'd be too popular with some players, either current or prospective, which could be a problem.

We need someone who can motivate the squad, use them at their best (Magennis, Vernon), get rid of the dead wood (Magennis, Fallon?) keep the youngsters and keep bringing them through, and do all this on pennies. Not sure anyone on that list fits the bill (not sure ANYONE does TBH)

Anyway

Derek Adams        Doubt he'll come

Craig Levein          See above

Billy Stark            Hmmmmmm, could he attract the calibre of player we need

Derek McInnes        Maybe?

Alex McLeish          Too expensive

Paul Hartley            Why? (as others have said)

Allan Moore          Maybe, but see comment on Stark

Mixu Paatelainen      Wouldn't say no (but would he worry about the "former-favourite-backlash if he doesnt have us winning every week from the start?)

Eric Black              Again, maybe, but would he want too much money and see Mixu re backlash

Allan Johnston        16/1

John Collins        16/1

Kenny Shiels        16/1

Phil Brown        20/1

Scott Booth