Crowd boost for Saturday

Pittodrie Stadium promises to be the place for thrills this weekend as Aberdeen Football Club and Simmons Family Fun Day returns with everything from stilt-walkers to football freestylers to keep the crowd entertained.

Around 1500 tickets have been gifted to young fans and their families to allow them to head along and enjoy the action of Saturday's game versus Motherwell. Scores of fans from local charities and schools will be able to experience the big match live, many for the first time.

There will be a feast of sideshows, including balloon modellers and face painters, taking place before the match itself. Goodies will be handed out and the Dons popular mascots Angus the Bull and Si the Seagull will be meeting supporters and posing for photos.

Giant inflatable crowd surfing footballs will be bouncing around the Simmons sponsored Merkland Family Stand ahead of the match and noisy 'clap' banners will help to build the atmosphere. A unique competition will give kids the chance to make their Pittodrie debut and take part in a once in a lifetime penalty kick competition at half-time.

Dons stars Ryan Jack and Clark Robertson along with Eddie Leigh from the corporate finance advisors visited Quarryhill Primary School ahead of the game to hand out tickets and meet the club's young supporters.

Ryan, who grew up supporting the side and is a product of the club's youth system, said: "I started coming to watch Aberdeen when I was 10-years-old with my dad and loved the excitement and atmosphere of the matches. It was always my dream to follow in the footsteps of players such as Russell Anderson by one day running out on the pitch as an Aberdeen player and I'm so pleased it is something I have been able to do. "It is important for the club's future that we encourage kids to get a taste for the game and enjoy being part of a great club. The family fun day is an excellent way for children to do just that, I hope everyone coming along for the first time enjoys the game and we see them cheering on the boys regularly for years to come."

Charities to receive tickets are Action for Children, Avenue, Barnardos, Befriend A Child, Cash for Kids, Children First, Maggie's, Quarriers, The Archie Foundation and VSA. Pupils at Muirfield, Tullos, Walker Road and Westpark Primary Schools are also to be given complimentary passes.

Simmons has sponsored the family stand since July 2011, creating a dedicated family area for youngsters to meet and enjoy games in a relaxed and fun atmosphere.

Mr Leigh, Simmons Managing Director, said: "As keen supporters of the club we want to do all we can to inspire the Red Army of tomorrow. While you can watch football on TV almost any day of the week, there is nothing like going to a game with family or friends and cheering on your local team.

"Hopefully Saturday's match between two of the country's top teams will be a good one. Regardless of the result, the fun day should be a great day out for all the family and we hope that once youngsters get a taste of watching SPL action they will want to become regular supporters."

Call me cynical but looks like a way to cover up the diminishing crowds.

Call me cynical but looks like a way to cover up the diminishing crowds.

Cynic!

People are always asking why the club doesn't do more to attract more fans yet when they do there's comments from negative bastards like yourself...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

;)

Around 1500 tickets have been gifted to young fans and their families to allow them to head along and enjoy the action of Saturday's game versus Motherwell. Scores of fans from local charities and schools will be able to experience the big match live, many for the first time.

???