Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Craig KO stuns MO

By EWAN SMITH

Published: Today at 01:01

MO CHALALI has hit out at Craig Brown — claiming the Aberdeen gaffer is snubbing him because he hasn't signed a new deal with the Pittodrie side.

Chalali was left out of the Dons side for the 1-1 weekend draw with Celtic after returning from international duty with Algeria last week.

Brown told the hitman that he was being rested following a gruelling 6,000-mile round trip to West Africa and it's seven weeks since Chalali last started for Dons in a 0-0 draw with Kilmarnock in January.

Chalali, 22, has only scored once in the SPL this season, the 2-1 win at Dundee United.

Scott Vernon is now the Dons' first choice striker and Rory Fallon also features ahead of Chalali.

Fed-up Chalali said: "I don't think it's fair I'm not playing.

"The manager said to me before the Celtic game I was going to be on the sidelines because of the long journey I had with the national team last week to Gambia.

"Right now, I'm not too convinced by that. If I'm being honest, the situation at Aberdeen does not please me at all.

"I need to play to keep my place in the international squad and to continue progressing. I know I have a part to play in the Aberdeen team, but for non-sporting reasons I'm not playing now.

"I am coming to the end of my contract and I've told myself that perhaps the reason I am not playing is because of that.

"The manager maybe doesn't see fit to play me because he thinks I won't be at Aberdeen next season.

"I'm going to try and stay calm and take training as seriously as possible to show the manager I want to play.

"I need to give my all and see what happens." Despite Chalali's outburst he loooks likely to be on the bench for this weekend's Cup clash at Motherwell

=====================

Wasn't aware of the fact we had offered him an extended deal ?

There is something strange here however, and to be honest can't see him being here next season

I've always said I thought he looked promising and couldn't understand him not playing, however, he makes clear that he will be in a position to leave in the summer, while expressing no desire to be here next season.

I can understand that he would be persuaded not to stay by being 'punished' for not signing up, and of course the journo may have been selective with the use of quotes, but this smacks of a wee bit mercinary attitude.

Fact remains though he has to be on the pitch to be able earn himself a new deal, let alone an improved one.