Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

In an ideal world they'd both be going although I do think Magennis is the better of the two. If you'd have asked me at the start of pre-season I would have said Paton though. Was a fan of his but it was piss poor in all the pre-season matches I saw.

I don't see any reserve games etc, but a fair few folk seem to think Paton is defintely talented.

Yet the past few managers haven't taken to him and played others that some fans feel are poorer players before him.

makes you wonder if he's just one of these players that can't be ersed in training, or has something wrong with his attitude.

he's spent 2 or 3 seasons unable to get into a side with a serious lack of talent so either there is another issue or he is in fact shite.

I don't see any reserve games etc, but a fair few folk seem to think Paton is defintely talented.

Yet the past few managers haven't taken to him and played others that some fans feel are poorer players before him.

makes you wonder if he's just one of these players that can't be ersed in training, or has something wrong with his attitude.

he's spent 2 or 3 seasons unable to get into a side with a serious lack of talent so either there is another issue or he is in fact shite.

This makes sense to me with the proviso that he's not naturally shite. Too many excellent contributions in the past e.g. Dundeh, perfect ball into Miller for 1-0 v huns, that cracker in the 4-4 v. tic, Easter Rd etc. I reckon it must be his attitude and/or work ethic.

This makes sense to me with the proviso that he's not naturally shite. Too many excellent contributions in the past e.g. Dundeh, perfect ball into Miller for 1-0 v huns, that cracker in the 4-4 v. tic, Easter Rd etc. I reckon it must be his attitude and/or work ethic.

Im beginning to think its a psychiatrist or a good kicking Paton needs. The ability is there but he's seemed incapable of producing it recently.

Pretty sure the psychiatrist would caution against the good kicking option. It's not the done thing these days apparently. Giving the quack a good kicking in front of Paton and then threatening to do him next might be the strategy that gets him to break down and start greeting like a bairn. Easy job to re-build him after that.

Pretty sure the psychiatrist would caution against the good kicking option. It's not the done thing these days apparently. Giving the quack a good kicking in front of Paton and then threatening to do him next might be the strategy that gets him to break down and start greeting like a bairn. Easy job to re-build him after that.

:lolabove:

Aberdeen look to loan out fringe players

Aberdeen expect some of their fringe players to leave the club on loan before the transfer window closes.

A club spokesman told BBC Scotland that some younger players would most likely have a spell away from Pittodrie.

Dons boss Craig Brown has said players, including Joe Shaughnessy, Michael Paton, Jordan Brown, Jack Grimmer and Nicky Low, would benefit from moves.

New signings such as striker Mohamed Chalali and defender Youl Mawene have increased competition for places.  ???

How much research does it really take to understand that more players leaving than arriving has NOT increased competition for places?  :hammer:

The BBC should be ashamed of some of the half-arsed garbage they produce these days.

WTF the fuck is the point in bending over backwards to get players out on loan unless it benefits us by way of being able to get other players in? This penny pinching is fucking depressing.

In the case of Shaugnessy and Low, they're not going to get many chances at Pittodrie this season, so is there any point in them hanging around when they can get experience of senior football elsewhere?  I think this has more to do with the lack of a reserve league rather than penny pinching, I can't see Forfar picking up their whole wage for the duration of the loan.

Get Paton punted. He's had far too many chances at the club.

ABERDEEN attacker Michael Paton has been told he can leave on a free transfer.

The 22-year-old has made nearly 50 appearances for Aberdeen, scoring four goals, but with more than 18 months remaining on his contract, manager Craig Brown has told the Greenock-born forward he has no first-team future. Whether Paton will accept a move away from Pittodrie with time left on his contract remains to be seen.

WTF the fuck is the point in bending over backwards to get players out on loan unless it benefits us by way of being able to get other players in? This penny pinching is fucking depressing.

I'm hoping they're trying to free up a little more wages to help pay for someone else or help tempt Sone back since he's still not picked up a club.  Although I'm not holding my breath.

All in all we're desperate for more players but sending lads off for loan spells isn't that bad an idea is it?

We save a bit of cash and they actually get to play regular football instead of them sitting on the sidelines eating up wages, if they've little chance of a game.

Didn't see this coming, however, I'm certainly not surprised. As I think it was RDU said, he's had his chances with a number of managers now and has failed to live up to his potential. He's not Mackie, in that he cares for the club, so fuck him. Hopefully someone will take him off our hands and allow CB to get in a player we actually need.

So, lets get this straight, one told he can go for fuck all, two away on loan, two others available for loan.

I fairly intrigued by all of this, given the fact that of the five involved up to three or four of them could potentially be on our bench in any given match. This leads to the question, how the fuck are we planning on making up the required seven for the bench, particularily once our injury jinx kicks in again  ::)

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110831/michael-paton-moves-on-loan_2212158_2437975

Michael Paton has late this evening completed a loan move to Stockport County.

The Dons striker will stay at the Conference side, who are managed by former Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann, until early January. The assistant manager at Edgeley Park is former Ross County boss Willie McStay.

The 22 year old has been with Aberdeen as a professional since 2005. After making his debut in December 2008 Michael has gone on to make 57 appearances and has scored 6 goals for the Dons. Michael also previously had two loan spells at Brechin City.

The transfer window has now closed.