Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Nigerian Striker on Trial at Dons

_51038224_uchechi226_getty.jpg

A little information:

Chima Daniel "Danny" Uchechi (born September 14, 1989) is a Nigerian[1] football forward currently playing for Leicester City on loan from Nigeria National League side FC Dender.

Uchechi scored 13 goals with the Charlton Athletic under-18 team,[2] then added five goals in reserve squad matches in 2008-09 season. Uchechi signed for West Ham United in spring 2009.[3] After being released by West Ham United Uchechi returned in summer 2010 to Nigeria National League side FC Dender.

Uchechi was loaned in January 2011 to Leicester City.[4] He was not given a squad number for the 2010-11 season for Leicester City. In his first game for Leicester City reserves, against San Jose Earthquakes in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Belvoir Drive, he scored a penalty after Miguel Vítor had been fouled in the penalty area.[5]

Uchechi received his first international callup in the 2008 Intercontinental Cup in Malaysia.[6] He was called up for an African Youth Championship qualifier in Senegal, and for both legs against Sudan, but had to pull out with injury. He played three games by the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup for the Nigeria national under-20 football team.[7]

Complete speculation but I wonder if having another Nigerian U23 player on the books would make any difference to Aluko staying.

That's what I was thinking. I did read somewhere a week or two ago that Brown was trying to bring in a Nigerian team mate of Aluko to help him settle here. This will be him then.

Apparently he was MOTM in some intercontinental Nations Cup final between Nigerian U21 and Australia U21. Has been on the books of Charlton, Leicester and West Ham.

Lets face it, Aluko didn't exactly have a glowing report-card when he arrived here. But one game (vs Bayern) was all it took to sway most of us!

Ive just become friends with a guy claiming to be him on facebook but he needed me to give him some private information with which he could verify me when we chat.

At his request Ive given him my bank account number, sort code, mothers maiden name, name of first pet etc.

Ill let you know what he says when he next shows up for a chat, Ive not seen hide nor hair of him for 3 weeks

LOL. I have read this pish about signing a player to help Aluko settle on other sites. Are we seriously to believe that this is a likely strategy ? I have two problems with it;

1. We have very little resource, what a fucking waste of money.

2. Aluko is fucking English, he switched to Nigeria to get a game at international level but for all intents and purposes he is English. Why would this help him ?

If we are going to spunk valuable resource then get him a whore. Seriously, what the fuck.

LOL. I have read this pish about signing a player to help Aluko settle on other sites. Are we seriously to believe that this is a likely strategy ? I have two problems with it;

1. We have very little resource, what a fucking waste of money.

2. Aluko is fucking English, he switched to Nigeria to get a game at international level but for all intents and purposes he is English. Why would this help him ?

If we are going to spunk valuable resource then get him a whore. Seriously, what the fuck.

Thats why I made that point about the midlands ;) I don't see how this guy being an actual african would help. We just need good players, nothing more, nothing less. If he's decent and we need a player for his position, sign him up.

Actually that would be pretty damn funny, and typically Aberdeen.

"Hey, Sone.. we've a surprise for you."

"Aye, what's that?"

"A Nigerian lad.. we signed him to keep you company! Say something in Nigerian to him then"

"I'm English.... I was born in London, I speak with a cockney accent and eat jellied eels"

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuck! We were gan tae put you lads in a cage together and see if anything magical happened."