Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

Looking ahead

Absolute bollocks.  Did you see Seve play in his last two years?

I'd hope MBT is referring to the seasons when he first signed, in which he was phenomenal. That midfield was probably the best midfield pairing we'd had in a decade. If he's referring to Seve as CB, then he's wrong :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hope MBT is referring to the seasons when he first signed, in which he was phenomenal. That midfield was probably the best midfield pairing we'd had in a decade. If he's referring to Seve as CB, then he's wrong :D

Seve was a cracking player for us overall but he never played with the same passion and intensity as Anderson, those two attributes made Anderson a favourite added to his fantastic tackling, heading etc.

Seve was running in treacle for the last stage of his Dons career and he didn't look too arsed about it either.

Seve was a cracking player for us overall but he never played with the same passion and intensity as Anderson, those two attributes made Anderson a favourite added to his fantastic tackling, heading etc.

Seve was running in treacle for the last stage of his Dons career and he didn't look too arsed about it either.

Completely agree, and I was relieved to see him leave. Just couldn't be arsed, but I wonder if he epitomised the mood within the club, certainly hasn't lifted since he left :-/ As I said, signing Anderson would have been a coup, could have saved Considine's career with having someone as composed and passionate alongside him.

Aberdeen FC shrug off claims on Russell Anderson

Former skipper staying with Derby County

By Charlie Allan

Published: 30/05/2011

NO MOVE: Russell Anderson is staying at Derby County.

More Pictures

ABERDEEN FC today dismissed reports claiming they have failed with a bid to take former skipper Russell Anderson back to Pittodrie.

Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown confirmed he spoke to Anderson – who left Aberdeen to join Sunderland in a £1 million deal in 2007 and now plays for Derby County – last week.

But he insisted he wasn’t attempting to persuade Scotland international Anderson, 32, to return to his home town club.

Anderson still has a year left on his contract with the Rams.

From what I remember, he is a pretty good centre half. Certainly should be a step up from what have and have had recently.

All sounds good on here>> http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?62780-Youl-Mawene/page1

Apparently PotY at Derby and Preston, bad injury recently but potentially the kind of centre half we've been needing for years

Awesome:

Brown must put case for Maguire cash

ABERDEEN MANAGER WILL HAVE TO CONVINCE THE BOARD FOR MONEY FROM SALE OF FORWARD

By Paul Third

Published:13/06/2011Aberdeen manager Craig Brown has been told he will have to convince the Dons board to allocate the proceeds from the sale of Chris Maguire to his football budget.

The Dons have demanded £400,000 in compensation from Derby County for the 22-year-old attacker, but director of football Willie Miller admits Brown will have to plead his case for using whatever money comes in to strengthen his squad.

Brown has been allocated his budget for the new season and Miller insists the manager will have to use it first before any transfer fees received will be redistributed.

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2307791/#ixzz1P9fVNs4c

I hope everyone is rushing to renew their season tickets!

What's happening? I am getting confused. not that its unusual. But i thought there was going to be a big change of players at Pittodrie. all i seem to hear is how satisfied he is with the team that played pish last year. We have replaced Zander, fair do's. But we are still going to need good replacements for Aluko, Hartley and Maguire if Aluko and Maguire go. And squad replacements for young, Vuji, blackman and possibly smith. missed a few out no doubt. It also seems like loan signings are more than likely. I am sure its all under control but would love to see a wee bit more happening. I am pretty impatient though. Just seen this waiting tactic fail SO many times!

What's happening? I am getting confused. not that its unusual. But i thought there was going to be a big change of players at Pittodrie. all i seem to hear is how satisfied he is with the team that played pish last year. We have replaced Zander, fair do's. But we are still going to need good replacements for Aluko, Hartley and Maguire if Aluko and Maguire go. And squad replacements for young, Vuji, blackman and possibly smith. missed a few out no doubt. It also seems like loan signings are more than likely. I am sure its all under control but would love to see a wee bit more happening. I am pretty impatient though. Just seen this waiting tactic fail SO many times!

sorry but with average attendances being gash this season past, the fans need something to get excited about otherwise season ticket sales will be pish as well.

That board of directors need to show us the support that they want a team fighting for silverware and not just surviving in sub mediocrity.

Fuck you AFC.

Fuck you.

If I was Brown I would be encouraging this sort of chat from the club. Yes, there is a disgruntled fan base to satisfy with big talk but big talk just gets other clubs aware of your desire and ability to spend money, ergo the price goes up.

People need to stop taking everything so head on. This is business, you have to play the game. Be under no illusions that Brown knows what he needs to do. It doesn't necessarily mean he will achieve it but give the thing a chance before you get on a self harm farm for fuck sake.

Ach well, pretty surprised that we've one new signing confirmed already.

Just back off a fortnights holiday, and had told my son that would be very surprised if we had any one on board by time I got back.

As an aside, speaking to a Derby supporter on holiday who rated Mawene very highly. Says he reads the game very well and has good positional sense.