Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Out of contract Players

His performance against Killie at Rugby Park was without doubt, far and away, the worst goalkeeping performance I have ever witnessed. It was real candid camera stuff.

Seconded. Whore of a performance, why he was in goals for an important cup game is beyond me. You could tell Leighton wasn't happy with him in the warm up.  Think it may have been the first goal  that night and the boy is running through on him and Bossu just stands on his line (or just about). Killie striker couldn't believe his luck.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Langfields to blame for our lack of trophies. He's had a brutal defence in front of him for the last two years, you can't polish shite. He's made some great saves in recent games and he's honestly started to look a lot better since Leighton returned.

Sacking Leighton was the worst decision McGhee made during his time as manager.

I don't think Langfields to blame for our lack of trophies. He's had a brutal defence in front of him for the last two years, you can't polish shite. He's made some great saves in recent games and he's honestly started to look a lot better since Leighton returned.

I'm in complete agreement with you on your last point and the the fact he had a shite defence in front of him. But there were many occassions even when he had russel and zander when he was playing well, he was still a liability. I'd be happily proven wrong this year, but I just can't see it.

No-one is blaming Langfield alone for our lack of trophies.  His attitude and general pishness don't help though. 

A brutal defence, yes, but they haven't been helped by his total inability to come off his line and command his area.

He has looked a bit more "with it" since the return of Leighton. I saw Langfield saying he was pleased to have him back even though it meant he had to go back to wearing black boots... the reason Leighton told him not to wear white boots was that it makes it easier for strikers to see where his feet are and therefore can help make their minds up where to place the ball.  As soon as Leighton was sacked he was back wearing the white boots... what does that say about his attitude?

Back of the Evening tonight has a quote from Brown saying he wants to keep all 7 players who's contracts are up.

Think he has to say that as squad to small for him to have a player not trying because he is not staying past the summer. Hope its that anyway. The  thought that Brown rates some of these clowns would be a very depressing one.

A brutal defence, yes, but they haven't been helped by his total inability to come off his line and command his area.

He has looked a bit more "with it" since the return of Leighton. I saw Langfield saying he was pleased to have him back even though it meant he had to go back to wearing black boots... the reason Leighton told him not to wear white boots was that it makes it easier for strikers to see where his feet are and therefore can help make their minds up where to place the ball.  As soon as Leighton was sacked he was back wearing the white boots... what does that say about his attitude?

Very enlightening BB, re boots.

• 1 month later...
Aluko offered new deal with Aberdeen FC

Maguire considering improved offer

Published: 02/04/2011

SONE Aluko has been offered a new contract by Aberdeen FC.

Manager Craig Brown had planned to put all contract talks on hold until after their Scottish Cup semi-final clash with Celtic at Hampden.

But Brown confirmed winger Aluko has now been offered a new deal. Scotland international striker Chris Maguire is also considering an improved offer from the club.

Sign them and sell in January would have to be the financial plan.

We should do what Hibs did with Scott Brown and sign him on a ridiculous contract, piss him off, and then sell him to Celtic/Rangers/Championship for a ludicrous amount of money.

Brown £4m, Fletcher £3m, Whittaker £2m, Murphy £1.5m. That's £10.5m they've netted from outbound transfers in the past four seasons. But they still refuse to spend any money on new players. Aberdeen take note!