Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Paul Hartley

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is fucking embarrassing. 

Zerouali isn't even in the 50 greatest ever Dons never mind comparing him to Larsson and Laudrup and Moravcik (a real genius, by the way).

Zero couldn't lace Stevie Gray's boots, another former AFC player who died recently and who also never made the most of his talent.  I think I'll start banging on about Stevie in every thread, seems the in thing...

Genuis. Stevie Gray even had a better tan than Zero and looked better in slip-on loafers.

Heard of Stevie Gray before, but don't what like a player he was.

Was he a good prospect??

Aye, he was a good player. One game I remember in particular he ripped Maurice Malpas to pieces at Pittodrie as we pumped them (4-2  I think it was, Hewitt got a couple).  He also started the 85 League Cup Final for us, Fergie really rated him.  Liked the good life too much though.  He went to Airdrie after us, a mate of mine is an Airdrie fan and he couldn't believe we let Gray leave, he was that skillful.

im not touching this post with a barge pole

i like you SOTR, a lot as it happens so im leaving this be

my love for Zerouali, my ill-feeling towards speaking ill of the dead and my general acceptance that i sometimes let my passion for circumstances close to my heart, take over my brain and result in a vitriolic spiel towards the OP, leads me to my conclusion

I wasn't having a go at you or Zerouali...  just my honest assessment.  That's all.  As you alluded to earlier, different people are going to have different opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

If all our midfielders were fit (specifically Jack, Milson, Fyvie, Folly) then I wouldn't have him starting.  He is so off the pace it is unreal.  He might be a good "captain" but what use is he if the game is sailing past him?

Maybe Brown should consider him as Centre Half?  Can't be any worse than Diamond.

If all our midfielders were fit (specifically Jack, Milson, Fyvie, Folly) then I wouldn't have him starting.  He is so off the pace it is unreal.  He might be a good "captain" but what use is he if the game is sailing past him?

Maybe Brown should consider him as Centre Half?  Can't be any worse than Diamond.

Suggested this a couple of months ago.  He's not up to it. there's no shame in that, he's had a good career but he's chasing shadows these days.

It's clear the Hartley requires a lot more time on the ball these days to do anything with it. The game passed him by in the first half. In the second half when he was given slightly longer on the ball he started pinging a few decent passes about but on the whole he wasn't up to it on Saturday.  :(

• 3 weeks later...

He looks so past it. He doesn't even look fit anymore.

If you've ever played 5's with somebody who's in the 50's or so who clearly have the football head, but not the leg to match it anymore - that's what he looked like tonight.

Also, what he did for his Red Card is unforgiveable for any player, made even worse by the fact he's the captain.

2 Straight red cards for the captain when he makes a complete cunt of it is well below the standard I expect from the captain of AFC

The cynic in me imagines that old tart Hartley is probably quite relieved to be missing the next 3 games , a wee break from what is obviously becoming too much for an old man.

The initial euphoria has turned to disillusionment , as is always the case with euphoria and intoxication. It disnae last.

Let us hope the rest will do him good.

::)