Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Paul Hartley

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had a bad landing after jumping in the air to head the ball.  It was difficult to tell from where I was sitting whether it was his knee or his ankle he'd done but goin by the match photo on the afc website shows his knee all wrapped up with ice blocks or something.  Sounds like he'll be out for a while  :hammer:

He had a bad landing after jumping in the air to head the ball.  It was difficult to tell from where I was sitting whether it was his knee or his ankle he'd done but goin by the match photo on the afc website shows his knee all wrapped up with ice blocks or something.  Sounds like he'll be out for a while  :hammer:

Early reports suggested it's medial knee ligaments which can be a bad one if he's had any problems there before but if not it's generally 6 weeks.  They may have to wait for any swelling to go down though to get a clearer picture.

Aberdeen captain Paul Hartley is facing at least six weeks on the sidelines with a knee injury.

The 34-year-old midfielder sustained medial-ligament damage midway through the first half of Wednesday's 2-1 Scottish Cup win over St Mirren.

The Scotland international will miss the Dons' bid to claim a top-six place in the Scottish Premier League.

And he will be absent from the Scottish Cup semi-final with Celtic on the weekend of 16-17 April.

Hartley signed a two-year deal at Pittodrie in July, having been released by Bristol City, and has scored eight goals.

It was after a challenge from behind wasn't it? Hartely nicked the ball and the boy caught him from behind or something to that effect if I remember correctly.

It was after a challenge from behind wasn't it? Hartely nicked the ball and the boy caught him from behind or something to that effect if I remember correctly.

Just watched it on the highlights. The boy stamped on the back of his leg, shocking challenge.