Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Paul Hartley

Being honest, I have been really disappointed with Hartley bar a few games, the only stand out performance I can recall was Raith Rovers where he single handedly won us the game.

Overall, he has looked past it, slow, gives the ball away to much and where I totally disagree with Kelt, miles off a man, I don't mean his mand as at some times he's been so far away from any man its difficult to work out who he's meant to be up against in midfield.

Yes he is a good captain, or so it appears on the outside, but if he wasn't captain i'd want him out the team, assuming we had Fyvie or Pawlett fully fit, as we don't then we don't have any real options.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being honest, I have been really disappointed with Hartley bar a few games, the only stand out performance I can recall was Raith Rovers where he single handedly won us the game.

Overall, he has looked past it, slow, gives the ball away to much and where I totally disagree with Kelt, miles off a man, I don't mean his mand as at some times he's been so far away from any man its difficult to work out who he's meant to be up against in midfield.

Yes he is a good captain, or so it appears on the outside, but if he wasn't captain i'd want him out the team, assuming we had Fyvie or Pawlett fully fit, as we don't then we don't have any real options.

well said

well said

Massive difference between being a player who was formerly brilliant, still has it but can't manage 38 games a season yet for ninety minutes will make himself seen and heard and be the mouthpiece the team needs and being a player who can do magical things with a ball but  only when you can be arsed. If your team mates doesn't pass you're prone to have a massive strop yet have the cheek to try ridiculous shots from all angles with about 1 in 10 resulting in a game.

Each to their own though.

Massive difference between being a player who was formerly brilliant, still has it but can't manage 38 games a season yet for ninety minutes will make himself seen and heard and be the mouthpiece the team needs and being a player who can do magical things with a ball but  only when you can be arsed. If your team mates doesn't pass you're prone to have a massive strop yet have the cheek to try ridiculous shots from all angles with about 1 in 10 resulting in a game.

Each to their own though.

calm down

Hartley has never been BRILLIANT

also hate the way youre making it out as if i dont like the guy

He is obviously at it with comments like that.  Lee Miller classed as excellent in Scotland, michty me.

As far as the noughties (for lack of a better term) I think you will struggle to identify any more influential and consistent player whilst playing for a team outside of the Old Firm than Paul Hartley at Hearts...

He was far better than average!  Hardly in the same class as Laudrup or Larrson though.

I wouldn't say so.  He was very hit or miss at Aberdeen.  In the end he left Aberdeen after a very up and down spell, had a brief stint in Saudi Arabia and then ended up back in Morocco.

If he'd been as good as some folk used to say, he'd have got a gig in Spain or England, or somewhere like that, after leaving Aberdeen.

With Zerouali, there were occassional flashes of brilliance... but that's all they ever were.  There was never a sustained spell of good form.  If he was any better than average, he'd have dominated the SPL.  In reality, he was nowhere near that level.

I wouldn't say so.  He was very hit or miss at Aberdeen.  In the end he left Aberdeen after a very up and down spell, had a brief stint in Saudi Arabia and then ended up back in Morocco.

If he'd been as good as some folk used to say, he'd have got a gig in Spain or England, or somewhere like that, after leaving Aberdeen.

With Zerouali, there were occassional flashes of brilliance... but that's all they ever were.  There was never a sustained spell of good form.  If he was any better than average, he'd have dominated the SPL.  In reality, he was nowhere near that level.

Let's not let common sense get in the way here  ;)