Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Paul Hartley

I had no idea you hated Jess. However, I think you've taken your love for Zero too far on this one.  Jess was a better player, and by a distance, too.

good, because i didnt hate jess!!!!

far from it, he was a great player for us.

it is worth noting however that i only have fleeting memories of jess, with the most prominent ones being once he came back to us from coventry and i doubt highly THAT was him at his mercurial best.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good, because i didnt hate jess!!!!

far from it, he was a great player for us.

it is worth noting however that i only have fleeting memories of jess, with the most prominent ones being once he came back to us from coventry and i doubt highly THAT was him at his mercurial best.

Yeah, that's accurate, he was still good for us though. However, on his first spell with us, Zero (and most others) could only dream of being as good as him

5-1 against killie.....hat-trick at dens.....free-kick against st mirren....screamers against dundee utd and motherwell....

Pffffffft.

If you're trying to make someone sound inspirational then you're going to have to try a lot harder than a free kick against St Mirren and a hatrick against Dundee.

Zero was a decent player who liked a stepover.  He'd often beat his man before trying to be smart by beating him again, only to step on the ball and lose it.  Very frustrating to watch, actually, Sone is probably a better comparison.

Zero shone in a team of Thornleys, Teirnans, Rutkiewiczs and Dadis.

Jess stood out in a team surrounded by Bett, Snelders, Shearer, McLeish and McKimmie.

Zero didn't even come close.

I know it's ridiculously patronising but I can't help thinking, 'for your own sake hud yer wheesht, fella' in some of your posts

I get the point you trying to argue but Hartley is contributing 100% of the time. No player ever has the ball all the time so what you're asking is impossible. Even without the ball he's still having an impact on us. And if every player had his passing and completion rate we wouldn't be raking around the bottom fighting to avoid relegation.

That was bad enough but to compare Zero to Jess???  :o :o wtf

BB said, 'Jess was a better player, and by a distance, too.' ..... exactly how long is a country mile?

In a nutshell - g'wa an bile yer heed catboy

Pffffffft.

If you're trying to make someone sound inspirational then you're going to have to try a lot harder than a free kick against St Mirren and a hatrick against Dundee.

Zero was a decent player who liked a stepover.  He'd often beat his man before trying to be smart by beating him again, only to step on the ball and lose it.  Very frustrating to watch, actually, Sone is probably a better comparison.

Jess stood out in a team surrounded by Bett, Snelders, Shearer, McLeish and McKimmie.

Jess was inconsistent as well but like Zero, Strachan and Bell (going back a bit here but you know the type of player I mean) were the type of players you like to pay your money to watch.

You don't expect them to be good every game or even a whole 90 minutes but you cant bin them

What Millertime is saying is can we afford to carry Hartley who maybe does not have that one moment he can turn a game like the above mentioned rest.

Jess was inconsistent as well but like Zero, Strachan and Bell (going back a bit here but you know the type of player I mean) were the type of players you like to pay your money to watch.

You don't expect them to be good every game or even a whole 90 minutes but you cant bin them

What Millertime is saying can we afford to carry Hartley who maybe does not have that one moment he can turn a game like the above mentioned rest.

As others have said, yes we can. The questions should be, can we afford to not have him. We need to prepare for the eventuality that he will not be able to impose his influence on the pitch. But whilst he is here and playing, he is the first name I would put on the team sheet as he offers so much more. It's been a long time since I have seen an AFC captain stand up for one of their own. See Kerr (spit) and Severin as examples of how not to behave.

What Millertime is saying is can we afford to carry Hartley who maybe does not have that one moment he can turn a game like the above mentioned rest.

I'd say so when Hartley carries the team in terms of inspiration and determination.

Strachan > Jess > Zero

I wouldn't compare Zero to Jess just like I wouldn't compare Jess to Strachan.

He is saying that, you are correct, however everyone else is saying they disagree.

Quite where the comparison with Zero or Jess comes from I have no idea.

The comparison is a joke as is the supposed discussion the thread has prompted. Horrific stuff.

A good player who improves the team and provides cohesion and leadership. Yes, we could do without that.

You could not make that shite up.

Pffffffft.

dont be ignorant

zero was in the same team as jess actually

What Millertime is saying is can we afford to carry Hartley who maybe does not have that one moment he can turn a game like the above me

ntioned rest.

well said that man

The other players do fuck all for 89 minutes then contribute something to get a consolation goal. All bollocks.

an incredibly ignorant post

was Alukos magic against Bayern not welcome then?

may i inform you that teams need players like that if you wanna get anywhere

for every hartley, you need an aluko

The comparison is a joke as is the supposed discussion the thread has prompted. Horrific stuff.

A good player who improves the team and provides cohesion and leadership. Yes, we could do without that.

You could not make that shite up.

if thats the way you read what ive said, then youre incredible dense

crux: hartley really isnt very good in a playing sense anymore and i think hes a passenger for us in those terms. he is however an incredible leader...my question was....can we carry a passenger on the park in footballing terms, due to the fact hes a good influence?