Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Paul Hartley

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is there to bite about?

If you genuinely think Zero was a player you could rely on to put a shift in and inspire others around you then we'll leave it there and agree to disagree.

id say he DEFINITELY inspired his team mates, but in a wholly different way to paul hartley does.

Probably going to get shot down here but I think since we lost Lee Miller we have not been the same team.

He was the same as above mentioned players as much as fans criticised him for not scoring enough goals as a striker but as a target man there was no better.

Not by me you won't. He is a good player though has to be said his form, much like the team, was pretty poor when he left.

Probably going to get shot down here but I think since we lost Lee Miller we have not been the same team.

He was the same as above mentioned players as much as fans criticised him for not scoring enough goals as a striker but as a target man there was no better.

Again, another dreadful comparison. Miller was so far from being a leader of men. Talented, possibly, but lazy and not bright enough to manage himself let alone a teams motivation.

In fairness, I don't think he was comparing Miller with anyone, just saying we have been a lesser team since he left.

Possibly, I got side swiped by the 'same as the above mentioned players' bit. It's late and I'm an opinionated, argumentative fucker at the best of times.  ;)

Again, another dreadful comparison. Miller was so far from being a leader of men. Talented, possibly, but lazy and not bright enough to manage himself let alone a teams motivation.

can i just clarify i wasnt saying zero was a captain-esque player, i was saying the word was we couldnt afford to have someone in the team who wasnt contributing 100% of the time

i asked the same question of hartley, seeing as how i dont think he contributes at all in a playing sense

can i just clarify i wasnt saying zero was a captain-esque player, i was saying the word was we couldnt afford to have someone in the team who wasnt contributing 100% of the time

i asked the same question of hartley, seeing as how i dont think he contributes at all in a playing sense

Doesn't contribute at all?!  That is just a ridiculous statement.  He doesn't contribute as much of as when he was at his best at Hearts, or his slightly less able but still very able at Celtic, but to question that he contributes less than any of the alternatives we currently have is stupid.  He certainly contributes more than Young would there, and he still offers more than Jack looks like he could just now, so he should 100% be in the team when he is fit.  Also, even if Aberdeen could find someone just now who could offer more in an attacking sense than Hartley does, it is nowhere near our most important area to sort, with all wide positions within the squad being problem areas at the current time. 

:hammer:

EDIT: To correct bad quotage...

Other than live TV games, I've only seen Hartely twice so far this season, and he was pretty poor in terms of his passing and obviously pace, but was also giving directions throughout and bawling out players who had made mistakes.

so it basically is in line with what most of this thread has mentioned so far.

what I'd take from this thread is that Ifil should stop practising his passing, which is clearly getting him nowhere, and learn how to shout and point a lot. maybe take a leadership course or read a self help book like "Inspiration: it starts from inside".

he'll be a fan hero in no time  ;D

(for those not blessed with a sarcasm gland, the above post is firmly tongue in cheek ;) )

well, he inspired me every time i watched him

so much so, that i used to go to reserve games to see him (coming back from injury and ebbe dropping him!)

He inspired me at the 2000 Cup Final as he sulked about being a sub and then started thumping a ball off the dug out.  And then he inspired me as he dived and was booked at Dens Park in pretty much his last ever action for AFC.  Inspired me to what I'd rather not say, but yes, Zero was a truly inspirational player for all around him...

Hartley has always been a very classy player. I remember watching him several times for St Johnsotne and he was sticking out regularly - in fact I believe we had a chance to sign him when saints went down but we were being deliberately contrary by signing awful players on a pittance at the time.

That he is slow and cumbersome now is unfortunate, but the fact is we would currently have no right to sign a player of his quality if he was still at his peak. His influence is undeniable however, and even in games where his passes are goung astray you know that he will still be making a nuisance of himself, something which can't be said of past midfielders. Add into the equation his leadership qualities and you get a player well worth having.

Hartley has always been a very classy player. I remember watching him several times for St Johnsotne and he was sticking out regularly - in fact I believe we had a chance to sign him when saints went down but we were being deliberately contrary by signing awful players on a pittance at the time.

That he is slow and cumbersome now is unfortunate, but the fact is we would currently have no right to sign a player of his quality if he was still at his peak. His influence is undeniable however, and even in games where his passes are goung astray you know that he will still be making a nuisance of himself, something which can't be said of past midfielders. Add into the equation his leadership qualities and you get a player well worth having.

thats what im saying, pretty much

he is a shadow of the player he once was, but general consensus is his leadership qualities sees him through -fair enough

as for the numpty saying theyve seen maguire or mackie produce as much magic as Zero did...shut your fucking mouths

5-1 against killie.....hat-trick at dens.....free-kick against st mirren....screamers against dundee utd and motherwell....Hicham Zerouali was indeed a magician and was THE most technically gifted player of my generation of supporting the dons

the fans' adulation forhim even put a certain mr jess' nose out of joint, as the old story about Atlantic Telecom replacing his cardboard cut out with Zero's, goes to prove