Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

Ancelotti sacked by the London Huns.

why? I dont get this. There's no way Torres was his signing, that's obvious, but why force a struggling Torres on Ancelotti? He's clearly a good manager, this is totally nonsense. As much as i hate the club, they really should realise how lucky they are to have Ancelotti there. Been somthing very wrong there since Wilkins left.....

Who's next?

It is staggering. Ancelotti is probably as good as it gets. He's been undermined all this season it seems and whatever the fuck went down when Wilkins left probably done for him. Too many cunts in that dressing room too.

The Championship side relieved Jones of his duties after the club failed to win promotion to the Premier League.

Bluebirds chief executive Gethin Jenkins said: "We would like to thank Dave Jones for his considerable efforts with the club over the past six seasons.

"He leaves his post in the knowledge that he has left the club in a far better position than when he arrived.

"Dave's tenure has seen Cardiff develop from a standpoint of Championship stability through to becoming regular promotion contenders, while also having taken the team to an FA Cup final.

"His efforts in the recruitment and development of players also meant that the sale of these players at times enabled the club to survive.

"He has also had a significant contribution in the development of training facilities and the stadium during his Cardiff City career.

"We thank him for all he has done and achieved with the club and wish him well for the future."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3608667/Dave-Jones-sacked-as-manager-of-Cardiff-City.html#ixzz1Nq2zGZTN

There's been rumours abound the last few months that were stating if Cardiff failed to gain promotion, that they would be fucked. I wonder if this is the beginning of a series of cutbacks.

They spent the season before last staving off winding up orders from the taxman and those same rumours were going about before they lost to Blackpool. Debt was apparently 66million as of August 2010.

Risdale seems to be the kiss of death to a football club.

Leeds - Adminstration and successive relegations - Debt up to 103million

Barnsley - Apparenlty saved them from administration (temporarily) only to leave them on the brink of liquidation

Cardiff - Doubles their debt to 66million and fucks off leaving them threatened by administration and winding up orders

Plymouth - Adminstration, staff and players going unpaid, winding up orders from the taxman and relegation to league 2.

Pity he didnt fancy a  move to Govan or Parkhead

Wonder what the Hammers make of that? Do they not (pretentiously) make a big deal of 'playing the right way?' Of course hindsight is wonderful, but the time to bring in Allardyce was January.

Aye, exactly what i was thinking on all counts. Of course "playing the right way" has served them so well in recent years when they have attempted to do this and been royally pumped most weeks.

Wonder what the Hammers make of that? Do they not (pretentiously) make a big deal of 'playing the right way?' Of course hindsight is wonderful, but the time to bring in Allardyce was January.

I'm not sure there is ever a right time to bring in Allardyce.  I wouldn't be happy if I was a Hammers fan.

No, not sure I would be either. A very come against character, regardless of the success he had at Bolton. Surely would have been better looking to someone with more recent proven success of getting out of the Championship - Chris Hughton perhaps, or Ian Holloway. Billy Davies even.

Allardyce is a decent enough manager. His style is not the most subtle or the most pleasing on the eye but did a tremendous job at Bolton, wasn't given enough time at Newcastle and stabilised Blackburn.

I agree with this too. He's the Jimmy Calderwood of England, basically.  Gets his teams playing functional football, emphasis on not losing, not great to watch but solid teams none the less and needs money to function.

Hughes has made himself out like a total cunt. I would near about eat a sock of mine if he wasn't appointed Villa manager within the next few days. Money talks. He would have more money and more potential at Villa than he would have at Fulham. I've always liked Hughes as a manager and how he has conducted himself as a manager but how he has resigned and saying there is 'no outside influence' is bullshit. Guaranteed he will be in a job by mid season, even if the season starts, he will be in a job.