Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

I think he'll keep them up, and I hope they do stay up. I'm hoping that they win the bid to move into the Olympic stadium rather than Spurs.

Completely agree on both points.

They're a decent club and I've been once, the atmosphere is brilliant.  I was highly sceptical of "I'm forever blowing bubbles" but it almost makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up as the whole home support sing it.

And I do think they need to keep an athletics track at the Olympic stadium - if not, what's the point?

Strange career move by MON IMO who I thought was destined for bigger things after Villa. However, if he keeps them up, which I think as every chance of doing, then he is pretty much guranteed a large pot of cash to strengthen the squad and I think that West Ham will only prosper with O'Neill in charge. However, this is about the third season, West Ham are fighting relegation so it may take a bit of time for O'Neill to change the mindset of the team.

But as with McGhee/Brown, it's amazing what a bit of organisation and man management can do!

Strange career move by MON IMO who I thought was destined for bigger things after Villa. However, if he keeps them up, which I think as every chance of doing, then he is pretty much guranteed a large pot of cash to strengthen the squad and I think that West Ham will only prosper with O'Neill in charge. However, this is about the third season, West Ham are fighting relegation so it may take a bit of time for O'Neill to change the mindset of the team.

But as with McGhee/Brown, it's amazing what a bit of organisation and man management can do!

The alleged theory behind the choice of west ham is that it's the largest club he I would be in complete charge in. Hence why they ditched the Sidwell deal.

MON will have total sir fergie/clough style charge and in return west ham get him. Seems very strange, but more sensible than inidian chicken farmers, ronalindho and Blackburn, I suppose?!

The alleged theory behind the choice of west ham is that it's the largest club he I would be in complete charge in. Hence why they ditched the Sidwell deal.

MON will have total sir fergie/clough style charge and in return west ham get him. Seems very strange, but more sensible than inidian chicken farmers, ronalindho and Blackburn, I suppose?!

Total control under Sullivan/Gold/Brady? I have my doubts.

Looks like the Beeb shot their bolt over the MON/West Ham story.  Bit of a climb down now:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/9364690.stm

As I said in another thread, I don't think this was the media, more a controlled leak to bring publicity to the club, its what Karen Brady does. West Han have shit themselves in the foot.

• 3 weeks later...

WTF the fuck is gardening leave?

When your being paid to be at home doing the gardening. I'm guessing DiMatteo doesn't believe they would have been relegated had he remained in charge and is wanting paid all of the remainder of his contract. West Brom will not be wanting to pay it all and want to negotiate a reduced amount. Hence the stand off, and the gardening leave.

Unless of course there is another reason (conduct) for his sacking and they are awaiting the outcome of the internal investigation to get him out and depending on level of guilt and negotiation over non-disclosure the negotiated pay off. a la Martin Allen at Cheltenham last season.

Think I've probably said this before but I do have to wonder if it would be best for both parties if Moyes walked away from Everton this summer. 3 points off relegation and they look utterly listless, no hope of a goal really without Saha.  He's done an amazing job there, don't get me wrong, but I thought they looked stale a year or so ago and he doesn't seem to be able to do much to change that with the financial restraints there.  He doesn't owe them anything, and I reckon it'd be best for his career if he went somewhere where the chairman will give him the funds he deserves.

Fucking scary eyes though.

Bobby, I would actually agree with you, I like Moyes alot and like Everton too, he can certainly spot a player and train them well in to adpating their game but with the lack of money he is pretty much just going round and round in circles, I would love him to take over at Man u one day think he would do a great job.

Aye. I'm on the same train of thought.  Moyes probably needs to move on.

The squad is stale and there doesn't seem to be any capital investment whatsoever, kind of reminds me of calderwoods last season here.

Felani(sp?) is also likely to move on in the summer.  Over the past few seasons, they've lost players and not replaced them - that's why they're in the situation they are inn now.

It's a sad state of affairs at Everton. But as you both say, would probably be best if he moved on, because I can't see where he's taking the club (not his fault I know). Wasn't it rurmoured a few years back when Fergie was alledgedly retiring that Moyes' name got put forward? Can't see it happening myself though, I think Fergie will die in the job.

Edit: Cowie, you just made the point I was going to make.