Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

Who? I thought they were having bother establishing someone at RB?

Konchesky's a left back?

Salcido the Mexican guy. Was brilliant whenever I saw him at PSV although he can also play right back and often plays there for Mexico. I checked just now and it seems the got him for £1.6million. Didn't think it was that cheap!

If they were even to go down under Kenny they wouldn't blame him. It'd be the 'Hodgson effect'.

My theory why the famous Liverpool fans' patience went out the window with Hodgson:

He's mates with Fergie.

Rafa made an utter cunt of it, but after his rant at Fergie he garnered more and more support even though he was making a bigger and bigger cunt of it on the park.

They've now got a manager who doesn't really have much time for Fergie, they'll be delighted and it'll go back to being the board's fault now.

Konchesky's a left back?

Salcido the Mexican guy. Was brilliant whenever I saw him at PSV although he can also play right back and often plays there for Mexico. I checked just now and it seems the got him for £1.6million. Didn't think it was that cheap!

:hammer: Duh, so he is.

By premiership standards that would be considered a bargain!

I hadn't heard.  What's the story?

Goes back to their time with Scotland.

When Fergie was assistant to Jock Stein and Scotland were playing Wales, Fergie asked the Liverpool players for input on how to deal with Ian Rush.  Dalglish said "aye, he's a good player" and refused to offer anything else because of this Liverpool code of conduct pish.  Ferguson was far from impressed, and when it came to Mexico 86 and Dalglish was struggling with injury, Fergie didn't take him. More or less stems from that.

Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "I didn't expect Kenny to resurface. But Liverpool see it as the way ahead and... well, it's their club. It's always going to be a tough game, derby game, no introduction needed and everyone knows what it means. We'll try to play as we always do. Rooney and Vidic didn't quite make it, there's no point risking Wayne and it's too early for Nemanja. It's the biggest rivalry and will always be so."

:lolabove:

Goes back to their time with Scotland.

When Fergie was assistant to Jock Stein and Scotland were playing Wales, Fergie asked the Liverpool players for input on how to deal with Ian Rush.  Dalglish said "aye, he's a good player" and refused to offer anything else because of this Liverpool code of conduct pish.  Ferguson was far from impressed, and when it came to Mexico 86 and Dalglish was struggling with injury, Fergie didn't take him. More or less stems from that.

There was also the incident recalled by Gareth Southgate before the match:

After a 'Pool United game, Fergie was being interviewed by the TV crews, Dalglish was walking behind them with one of his daughters who was a toddler at the time, Dalglish said "You'd get more sense interviewing my daughter than him". 

So Kenny is a bit of a cunt then?

I always thought he came across pretty decent.

I don't know, I like both of them, I think Kenny is quite dry witted and I like that about him as it appeals to my sense of humour but that was a pretty low thing to say and do.  But we all do things we regret in life.

I don't know, I like both of them, I think Kenny is quite dry witted and I like that about him as it appeals to my sense of humour but that was a pretty low thing to say and do.  But we all do things we regret in life.

I googled after I read your post Bobby and got this.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2900/fa-cup/2011/01/09/2296724/youd-get-more-sense-from-my-six-week-old-girl-kenny-dalglish-and-

King Kenny has kicked off his reign at Liverpool by re-igniting the persecution complex. Reiterates what Bobby was saying about getting the fans onside.

"I've seen the replay and unless they have changed the rules it is not a penalty. The other one, I can't see that as a red card either. In the dressing room before the game someone said to me the game hasn't changed that much and I said I thought it had become a non-contact sport. Maybe I was right."

How ANYONE (and plenty of Liverpool fans on my facebook, Robo aside. Also the online newspaper comments) don't see that as a red card is beyond me.

I said to Robo yesterday that in front of the Kop I reckon the ref would have given a penalty to Liverpool too.

They seem to forget the referee didn't give a penalty to Man Utd that looked like one too.

Gerrards two footed lunge is a red card all day long. When you go in two feet and off the ground, it's dangerous, reckless and can easily end someone's career. Anyone who claims that it was just a yellow or Webb shouldn't have sent him off is deluded IMHO.

Gerrards two footed lunge is a red card all day long. When you go in two feet and off the ground, it's dangerous, reckless and can easily end someone's career. Anyone who claims that it was just a yellow or Webb shouldn't have sent him off is deluded IMHO.

Definitely. He's got previous.

What cracks me up is Liverpool have two of the biggest divers going (Gerrard and Torres) and there are videos online to prove this yet they get really upset over Berbatov going down easily.

Very soft penalty but it's amdness to even give an opponent the opportunity to do that.