Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

Port Vale have parted company with manager Jim Gannon after just 74 days in charge of the League Two club.

The former Stockport and Peterborough boss replaced Micky Adams at Vale Park on 6 January but lost seven and won just four of his 15 matches in charge.

Vale dropped out of the play-off places for the first time this season after a 3-0 defeat at Accrington on Saturday.

Youth team coach Mark Grew will take charge of the team for the home game against Hereford on Tuesday.

More to follow.

What a cunt.

No danger will moyes be man u manager. Why so sure of guaridola bb?never even heard of him linked before.  I cant see past mourinho for the job when fergie goes, he REALLY wants that job

Guardiola has said he wants to work with Fergie before he retires and is willing to go there as his assistant supposedly. This in itself obviously doesn't mean much - who wouldn't want to work with Fergie afterall, however, one thing that is definitely true is that whoever it is will be expected to introduce players to teh first team squad from the youth academy. Mourinho is a cheque book manager and doesn't have a fantastic track record of bringing through youngsters.  Guardiola is the exact opposite of that and I think that's why United will go for him.  Fergie is said to be the one having the biggest say in his successor, and I just can't see him going for someone who will not bring through homegrown players.

Might be totally wrong, but I think it's shaping up to be Guardiola as he'll move on from Barca at some point and United would be a good fit for him. Also, guys like Lippi, Hitzfeld who were linked with the job years ago are probably too old themselves to take it now. Doesn't leave a fantastic number of candidates, probably only Guardiola and Mourinho... maybe Laurent Blanc as an outside bet. But my money is on Guardiola.

• 1 month later...

if you're a hammer then you'd maybe be questionning why they bottled it from sacking him when "Gollivan" came in. The fact he's being touted for the Director of Football slot at the London Huns just shows how much it matters that your face fits in football.

Also shown by Killie possibly getting Alex Miller as manager....

If i was a hammer i would question why zola was shown the door

Because he had a truly shocking season. Although, the problems at West Ham seem to have been around for a while with Curbishely, Zola and now Grant seemingly unable to motivate the players or get them playing.

Ancelotti sacked by the London Huns.

why? I dont get this. There's no way Torres was his signing, that's obvious, but why force a struggling Torres on Ancelotti? He's clearly a good manager, this is totally nonsense. As much as i hate the club, they really should realise how lucky they are to have Ancelotti there. Been somthing very wrong there since Wilkins left.....

Who's next?

Not really surprised by the news ancelotti has been sacked, been spoken about for a while. Though do agree, cracking manager, don't know what abramovic is thinking...they fucked themselves over by getting rid of Wilkins. Wonder if we'll ever find out the truth.

Not really surprised by the news ancelotti has been sacked, been spoken about for a while. Though do agree, cracking manager, don't know what abramovic is thinking...they fucked themselves over by getting rid of Wilkins. Wonder if we'll ever find out the truth.

No doubt "JT" will be crying.  "Lamps" will be pointing to the sky.  "Cech" will be putting massive helmets on his head so he doesn't die talking to someone about lampshades. etc