Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

Yeah fair play.

The bigger picture was that yeah. I wanted Rafa to go, I was one of those - however at the time it happened it was wrong decision to make because Roy Hodgson was touted by the media for him to get the job not long before Rafa was sacked - and that's what happened, and look what's happening now? The media in theory got Roy the job.

At the time Rafa was holding the cards to get rid of the owners and he was with the fans in the fight, he knew they were being outed and it was only a matter of time. He should have been given another season under new owners, if it didn't work - then it was time for him to go. I doubt Rafa would ever have let Liverpool slip to 19th place in the league and playing as badly as they are now, no way.

The way it was handled was wrong and the fact Roy was being touted before Rafa was out scared me and I did not at the time he was sacked want him to be sacked (does that make sense). Months before I did want him to go, when managers of a good calibre would have been available (I wanted Pellegrini).

It was the timing that was wrong, and look at the state of them now? It's truly awful, but hey it's all Rafa's fault according to the media. It's the fact Rafa changed his team around week in week out (despite Fergie and other managers changing their teams more than Rafa ever did - I think Fergie is at 154 changing his team around week after week). According to the media it's all the fault of Rafa just simply because Roy is the media darling and it's sickening.

All said and done, right now I don't want Rafa back but he's better than Woy fucking Hodgson!!!

That make sense, rather tired?

Aye,  I can see your point.  Personally speaking, I don't like the way Benitez manages. He's too much into the Pro-zone stuff and all that. No doubt these things are handy tools for coaches these days but part of management and all football has to be about gut feeling - whether that's a midfielder just knowing when to make a run into the box or a manager leaving his star player on even though he's flagging.

Two seasons ago, the game at Reading (I think) which was 0-0 and he took off Gerrard with 20 mins to go or something like that because his Pro-Zone stats were down... that's an appalling decision (and there were many like them in that run in) and said to me that he doesn't trust his own judgement of the game. Gerrard is far and away Liverpool's best and most consistent top level performer, if you need a goal you keep him on the park.  Simple as that.

Then, when Liverpool had effectively chucked it away, he let them play in a less rigid way and they showed what a good team they could be - not many teams beat Fergie's United 4-1 at Old Trafford. I think if i were a Liverpool fan, I'd have been wanting him out there and then, he blew the league title for you and the season after pretty much showed in my eyes the effect of it - similar to Aberdeen in 91/92 after the last day defeat to the huns in 1991.

He can't moan about not getting money to spend, he spent a shit load of cash, and net spending doesn't make a blind bit of difference here; for the amount he spent alone he should have built a far better squad.

And you know yourself why Fergie doesn't get stick for tinkering with his team; they generally win, and he has the trophies to prove it. The important bit is how it's changed i.e. very rare for the back four to change weekly etc.

Another had his legged chopped apparently

Pos Team                           P Pts

1 Brighton and Hove Albion 22 43

2 Southampton                 22 37

3 Bournemouth                 22 36

4 Huddersfield Town         23 36

5 Charlton Athletic         22 34

6 Sheffield Wednesday         22 33

Parkinson gone - 1 win in 8 but still in play-offs spot only 3 points from automatic promotion

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6634497,00.html

Stewart Kean will be the next to be punted in the Premiership I reckon.

Shooglys in no particular order:

Stewart Kean (a nobody)

Carlo Ancellotti

Roy Hodgson

Avram Grant (although bought himself time and doing well).

According to this week's Guardian podcast, replacement managers for Hodgson have been sounded out about a move in the summer, but they seem to think it's unlikely any move will be before then.

Also saw the other day that the FA met with the Gambling Commission (think that's what they're called) in a bid to end the "Next Manager to Leave His Post" and "The Next Manager of X Club" markets.

According to this week's Guardian podcast, replacement managers for Hodgson have been sounded out about a move in the summer, but they seem to think it's unlikely any move will be before then.

Also saw the other day that the FA met with the Gambling Commission (think that's what they're called) in a bid to end the "Next Manager to Leave His Post" and "The Next Manager of X Club" markets.

To be fair, I'll bet a cunt like Mike Ashley would lump a fair sum on his own manager being the next to be punted at decent odds.

To be fair, I'll bet a cunt like Mike Ashley would lump a fair sum on his own manager being the next to be punted at decent odds.

They claimed it was because the markets were undermining to the managers involved.

But I'd say the truth is as you say... easy as fuck to exploit for your own good.

Stewart Kean will be the next to be punted in the Premiership I reckon.

Shooglys in no particular order:

Stewart Kean (a nobody)

Carlo Ancellotti

Roy Hodgson

Avram Grant (although bought himself time and doing well).

I would think Hodgson will be away long before Kean!

I reckon it could be hodgson, ancelloti and jabba the hutt all gone in the morning.

Defo. To be honest, hopefully Woy got his jotters right after tonight's performance, saw the game in Monkeys, liverpool were absolutely pish, the players looked uninterested, and there was a complete lack of tactics. Unless of course defending too deep, running around like headless chickens, and hoofing it up the right wing only to lose the ball again and again counts as tactics, of course.