Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Foster:If Rangers had money I would still be at Aberdeen fighting relegation

Rangers keen to keep Aberdeen FC defender

But loan star Foster plays down switch

Published: 24/03/2011

RANGERS boss in waiting Ally McCoist is keen on signing Aberdeen FC defender Richard Foster on a permanent deal.

Foster is on a season-long loan at Ibrox and featured heavily in the Champions League and Europa League.

However Foster said: “My situation as it stands is that I am going back to Aberdeen FC for next season.”

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ally s

As long as they pay the going rate for a competent, versatile SPL player then cheerio.

How much do you think that would be?

If I was Craig Brown I'd be looking for around £300k.

Complete guess work, but given he's under contract until summer 2013, no less than half a mill?

Not going to happen. Huns are skint. They'll try to shaft us. A hun mate of mine thinks a derisory offer has already been made. Hopefully he's raised his profile enough to get a championship club interested in him, then we're more likely to get more than a packet of space raiders and 2 coppers.

If Dicky does want to go to the Huns, it's going to happen. A series of derisory bids by RFC, a number of 'exclusive' Daily R*cord interviews in which he states it has been his life-long dream to play for the Hun, and Milne bending over and taking it right up the arse from them should do the trick.

He's supposedly bought a house in Glasgow. Not sure of how accurate that is though, came from a hun work colleague.

Wouldn't read anything into that, if true.

He probably paid it off with a couple Champion League appearances so that he's somewhere to stay whilst down there and to top up his earnings whilst he's back at the Dons only picking up a win bonus every fourth week.

Wouldn't read anything into that, if true.

He probably paid it off with a couple Champion League appearances so that he's somewhere to stay whilst down there and to top up his earnings whilst he's back at the Dons only picking up a win bonus every fourth week.

I did say to him that it's probably just an investment etc. But this guy hasn't missed any huns game home or abroad for 15 years so thinks he's the oracle of all things hun.

He has hair like a lego man, though.

He'd be better than what we currently have, plus he can play a few positions if needs be and would help tighten things up.  Bring him back and keep him. :thumbsup:

Whilst I don't disagree with what you've said there, there will members in our support that will hold his past against him.

Whilst I don't disagree with what you've said there, there will members in our support that will hold his past against him.

Probably the same people who want us to sign Steven Smith.

Anyway, I don't really think Foster would have had much choice in the matter when it came to the loan deal. Apart from the last interview I read from him I don't think there's been much he's said to get people angry.

I honestly think he'd come back a better player BB, in terms of attitude, ability and consistency. A taste of the 'big time' should be an inspiration for any player.

However, my instinct says we wont see him back at Aberdeen at all.

I hope we do, no grudges from me.