Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Why sack him now?  ???

The former Motherwell, Wolves and Leicester manager’s time was up after a run of six consecutive SPL defeats, including a record 9-0 hammering at Celtic on November 6, which sent the Dons plummeting to second-bottom of the SPL.

McGhee survived the aftermath of the Parkhead humiliation, but the required turnaround failed to materialise and the Dons fell to further defeats against St Johnstone, Caley Thistle and Kilmarnock.

Pittodrie chairman Stewart Milne was left with no option but to dismiss another manager with McGhee having won just once in the last 13 league matches and just 17 of his 62 games in charge.

Why now?

Just because the Tim game was called off?

Surely just because they have a week to get someone on board isn't the excuse?  Surely they'd have compiled a shortlist or sounded out a few options regardless of whether they thought he was going or not?  Surely you don't jump into a situation like this with a ticking clock of one week?

If the Tim game was still on would he still be here if we drew or somehow fluked a win?

Surely the bold text above were the final straw so why on Wednesday night more or less out of the blue (all things considered)?

I just don't get it.

Why sack him now?  ???

Why now?

Just because the Tim game was called off?

I think so. I reckon they've looked at the Tims game as an awkward match for a new guy to come into or even an interim. Even if we had taken a point or fluked a win they could still sack him after it saying "One win in 259 matches isn't good enough etc etc".  I don't think it's any coincidence that he was sacked a couple of hours after it was announced the game was off.

Michael Grant in the Herald is claiming the board meeting took place before the Celtic game was called off.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/mcghee-sacked-kilmarnock-proves-one-defeat-too-far-1.1071982

And the board may have concluded "Get the Celtic game out the road and then sack him". Then it was called off so he was sacked yesterday. Why else wait til a Wednesday to sack him when you have a game on the Saturday?

And the board may have concluded "Get the Celtic game out the road and then sack him". Then it was called off so he was sacked yesterday. Why else wait til a Wednesday to sack him when you have a game on the Saturday?

And HAD one the the previous Saturday which changed fuck all.

Or the Saturday before that, or the Saturday before that .  .  . 

I wonder if it was something said in the meeting with the bank, maybe they said you need to get attendances up  to bring in more money and if their is a good chance of relegation there is no way we can delay payment of the loan, and they have thought things are not getting any better we have to do something now.

I wonder if it was something said in the meeting with the bank, maybe they said you need to get attendances up  to bring in more money and if their is a good chance of relegation there is no way we can delay payment of the loan, and they have thought things are not getting any better we have to do something now.

This would have applied at any point in the season.

The Paton loan also bothers me.

Why loan a player out before the next manager comes in to see what he has to work with?

Obviously it's for financial reasons but what if the next man spends the next transfer window looking for something he's already got but doesn't know about?

I'd imagine that'll be scrapped for the time being.

The timing seemed odd to me too. Sackings normally happen on the Monday. Looks like the board were indeed waiting for the inevitable Celtic defeat as a final excuse to bin McGhee. But as the game was called off, they thought they might as well do it now. Should've been done after the 9-0 defeat imho.

Big defeats are part-and-parcel of football ... see Barcelona vs Real Madrid. But 9-0??!!!! No SPL team should EVER lose 9-0 to any other SPL team.

The Hearts game is in doubt,

Gorgie Road early this afternoon

scaled.php?tn=0&server=834&filename=hd4e.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Clear like the main roads but side roads still with just under a foot of snow. Quite a lot melted today but with the temperatures below zero that is causing inch thick ice on the pavements.

Gorgie Road early this afternoon

scaled.php?tn=0&server=834&filename=hd4e.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Clear like the main roads but side roads still with just under a foot of snow. Quite a lot melted today but with the temperatures below zero that is causing inch thick ice on the pavements.

Now roads are clear council will be able to work on side roads and pavements. If Leeds can get their game on today no reason Hearts should not be able to get their game on next week.

Yes I am getting desperate to see a game.