Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hartley - Player/Manager

amp

Hartley - Player/Manager

I have it on good authority that Paul Hartley will be named player/manager for the rest of the season, when McGhee gets the sack. McGhee will be sacked tomorrow morning if we do not win the match tonight.

Ok...I don't have it on good authority. I just made that up. But I do think it will happen.

Ah bollocks. Good point Mizer - I have no idea if he has the relevant badges or not. I guess he doesn't?

I read in a recent interview that he was currently doing them. To be honest, as long as he is going through the process, I think he would probably get dispensation to manage us.

Think that'd be a terrible move.

we've been crying out for a real captain for years, now we have one why compromise that position? Let him get on with his job which, up until Saturday, he has been doing very well.  It would be too much for him, it would be too much for anyone. There are so few player manager's these days compared to 20/25 years ago. There's a very good reason for that.

As said, too good a captain and influence in the pitch to potentially dilute that. No saying he won't be a good manager but he should enjoy playing a good bit yet and yes, it would be a thoroughly cheap maneouvre by the board, so it's eminently possible.

Once more it could transpire hat the board with nae cash finds half a mill or so to chin a manager but not to back him. Fucking surreal stuff.

No more cash from me.

My sauce told me an Alex Miller/Roy Aitken dream team will be unveiled tonight with Stewart Milne being registered as an emergency fullback, Willie Miller to take full financial control of the club and Stuart Baxter as director of football.

;)

And Ronald McDonald as food and beverages co-ordinator